Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Multi-Track recording in Reason? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171567)

Propellerhead3 2012-11-24 16:03

Multi-Track recording in Reason?

I am a Reason 5 user who is considering upgrading to Reason 6.5 in order to get the record capabilities. At some points I will need to record several instruments at once or even a full band including drums. What I am wondering is; does Reason Record offer multi-track recording? Or Can you only record 1 track at a time?

MayorMcCheese 2012-11-24 16:24

As many as you wish at once. You’re not limited by Reason; only by your audio interface and the number of mics available at the time. Edit: OK, I guess the fun stops after you fill up all of Reason’s 16 Audio Inputs.

Hey, nice username. How are #1 and #2 these days?

koma7 2012-11-24 16:45

Reason has 64 inputs and and outputs no? On the hardware interface, so unless you're recording more than 32 channels simultaneously you should be fine. ;)

MayorMcCheese 2012-11-24 16:50

Thanks and my apologies. I haven’t expanded the Hardware Interface in awhile with "More Audio". Time for some more coffee.

Propellerhead3 2012-11-24 17:02

Great, this will work perfect. Thanks for the answer!

Not sure on the status of #1 and #2.....I fear they may be lost in the wilderness.

www.ylarecords.com

ryszard 2012-11-24 17:02

I'm glad you guys are here to answer questions like this. I looked in Help and couldn't find a thing about multichannel audio recording.

Propellerhead3 2012-11-24 17:21

Yeah I looked in help as well and tried to do some tutorial searches with no luck.

ETalk 2012-11-25 23:42

It's really easy, "just arm and record"
Sounds like "Wash and go" now...

PsyTale 2012-11-26 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmaybey (Post 1185229)
It's really easy, "just arm and record"
Sounds like "Wash and go" now...

Its not really that simple, you need to assign your inputs to the correct channels/lanes, and need to enable the record buttons on the channels otherwise it would just record one lane on one input. Be sure to look at the mono/stereo settings before you hit record. I have a stereo mic and often forget this then i recorded my guitar and suddenly i notice its mono, waste of valuable time ;)

Danoc 2012-11-26 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1185401)
Its not really that simple, you need to assign your inputs to the correct channels/lanes, and need to enable the record buttons on the channels otherwise it would just record one lane on one input. Be sure to look at the mono/stereo settings before you hit record. I have a stereo mic and often forget this then i recorded my guitar and suddenly i notice its mono, waste of valuable time ;)

AGREED!!!! ^^^^^
Once you do that, if I were that guy I would set up a temp plate for multi recording so he won't have to arm each one every time he opens a new session.