Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 5 Tempo Help? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171586)

ElmoDB 2012-11-24 20:35

Reason 5 Tempo Help?

Ok, so I am going to use Kong to play my drum pattern. I want something that can detect my tempo. Like, I play the pattern, and it automatically gets the tempo for me and sets it. Does this exist? BTW, this is for Reason 5. I can't set the tempo manually. I just have a hard time figuring it out is all.

ElmoDB 2012-11-24 20:44

If anyone could help me with tips to find the tempo by ear and set it manually if the auto thing doesn't exist, that would be useful as well!

KingEternal 2012-11-24 21:07

Try enabling "click" down left in the transport bar while playing back. This way you will have a reference to hold on to.
Also if you have audio material that you need to sync to, you should check out the "tap tempo" button. Just play back your drum loop or whatever and tap the button in the rythm, this way the tempo gets adjusted to your clicks.

ElmoDB 2012-11-24 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingEternal (Post 1184665)
Try enabling "click" down left in the transport bar while playing back. This way you will have a reference to hold on to.
Also if you have audio material that you need to sync to, you should check out the "tap tempo" button. Just play back your drum loop or whatever and tap the button in the rythm, this way the tempo gets adjusted to your clicks.

I know about the click thing, thats what I was trying to use to see if I can get it correct. What is this tap tempo button

ElmoDB 2012-11-24 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingEternal (Post 1184665)

Also whenever I record the beat and then do click, it changes the beats speed with it so it's like -_- >:( :(

KingEternal 2012-11-24 21:15

It basically sets the tempo according to your clicks, if you click it with an average speed of 2 clicks per second you`ll get a tempo of 120 bpm.

KingEternal 2012-11-24 21:19

For recording midi you usually set the tempo FIRST. Then you record your beat with click(=metronome) enabled, in order to hold the tempo you set.

ElmoDB 2012-11-24 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingEternal (Post 1184671)
It basically sets the tempo according to your clicks, if you click it with an average speed of 2 clicks per second you`ll get a tempo of 120 bpm.

So I click the tap tempo button in the pattern that I play the drum pattern?

ElmoDB 2012-11-24 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingEternal (Post 1184673)
For recording you set the tempo FIRST. Then you record your beat with click(=metronome) enabled, in order to hold the tempo you set.

That's what I'm looking for. I can't get the metronome to get the right tempo.

KingEternal 2012-11-24 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElmoDB (Post 1184675)
That's what I'm looking for. I can't get the metronome to get the right tempo.

look, if you want to get a feel for the metronome, press play in an empty file with click enabled. When you hear it clicking along try increasing or decreasing the tempo, the click will speed up or slow down.