Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 6 For Sale (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171601)

wazbag 2012-11-25 02:20

Sold

SOLD - First off, can I apologise for my username. It goes way back to when Reason 1 first came out, and a friend, for some reason, set up my user account, and thought it would be funny to give me that username, and I have never been able to change it. Cheers dude. Anyway, it has never been a problem before because I don't think I've ever posted here...until now, and it's to sell my license, which, as I said, I have had since Reason first came out. It will be sad to let it go, but I'm just not using it anymore. I held on until Rack Extensions came out thinking that might re-ignite my interest, but alas no. It's time to say goodbye. Flatpack 3 (Discs not download) and Filter Research (download) refills included (worth about £80 in total I think). All Boxes, discs, manuals and ignition key are in excellent condition. £220 including delivery.

wltchris101@gmail.com

EnochLight 2012-11-25 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazbag (Post 1184810)
First off, can I apologise for my username. It goes way back to when Reason 1 first came out, and a friend, for some reason, set up my user account, and thought it would be funny to give me that username, and I have never been able to change it. Cheers dude. Anyway, it has never been a problem before because I don't think I've ever posted here...until now, and it's to sell my license, which, as I said, I have had since Reason first came out. It will be sad to let it go, but I'm just not using it anymore. I held on until Rack Extensions came out thinking that might re-ignite my interest, but alas no. It's time to say goodbye. Flatpack 3 (Discs not download) and Filter Research (download) refills included (worth about £80 in total I think). All Boxes, discs and manuals are in excellent condition. £260 including delivery.

wltchris101@gmail.com

No worries; sorry to see you go! That said, you're asking £260??! That's like $337 USD for Reason (does it come with the Ignition Key?) and some refills. It can be found brand new without the hassle of a license transfer for $399 USD here in the US. What you're offering is a 16% discount. If you're a student, then you can get it for $299 USD. That's only £230...

"meh..."

You might want to get a little more aggressive on your sale. I saw you're selling Ableton Live too. Good luck!

wazbag 2012-11-25 14:10

You may be right about the price. But that said, in the UK the Props web store is selling it at about £330, so my price is £90 less than that and I'm including £80 worth of refills. Sure, the refills might not be for everyone, but it is free content that you won't get if you buy it new. Plus I will guarantee that the boxes, discs and manuals are in as good condition as if you bought it new, minus the cellophane wrapping is all. If you're a student and you can get a student discount than you're not going to be interested, but if you're not, then a £90 saving is a £90 saving. And I don't think transferring the licence is that much of a hassle - I'd go through it to save £90. But perhaps I've not done enough searching to see how cheaply it can be bought new. If I find that it can be bought new cheaper elsewhere in the UK then I might have to re-adjust the price. Thanks for your comments.

EnochLight 2012-11-25 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazbag (Post 1184972)
You may be right about the price. But that said, in the UK the Props web store is selling it at about £330, so my price is £90 less than that and I'm including £80 worth of refills. Sure, the refills might not be for everyone, but it is free content that you won't get if you buy it new. Plus I will guarantee that the boxes, discs and manuals are in as good condition as if you bought it new, minus the cellophane wrapping is all. If you're a student and you can get a student discount than you're not going to be interested, but if you're not, then a £90 saving is a £90 saving. And I don't think transferring the licence is that much of a hassle - I'd go through it to save £90. But perhaps I've not done enough searching to see how cheaply it can be bought new. If I find that it can be bought new cheaper elsewhere in the UK then I might have to re-adjust the price. Thanks for your comments.

No problem. It should be mentioned that the Props own shop isn't a good metric for reference. They price all of their products at MSRP; you can buy it through distributors always cheaper no matter what side of the pond you're on. If Props priced it too low via thier own web store, no distributors would want to... you know... distribute. :D

Anyway, good luck!

wazbag 2012-11-25 15:04

Reason 6 for sale - £220 including delivery and 2 refills.

Tryggvasson 2012-11-28 03:27

I can offer 200 USD, shipping excluded and don't need the refills. It's exactly half the new price. If you're interested, please let me know. Thanks.