Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   media problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171770)

butchville 2012-11-28 00:38

media problem

please help im on with a cracking tune , then all of a sudden a blue screen came up on my pc and crashed , now i cant open my song file . i get error message saying , the operation could not be completed to to a media related problem .. please help anyone ,,

cheers

butchville 2012-11-28 11:45

Come on people . Please help ..

jengstrom 2012-11-28 14:53

Does it continue to crash with a Windows blue screen?
If so, you may have a hardware issue that you should investigate.

If Windows only crashed once, while you had a document open in Reason, and the document file is now corrupt, then the document data is probably gone.

If the document was something really important, you can send it as a support case and we can try to repair the file. This will only work if the document was corrupted by a bug in Reason, or if you are very lucky. If there are zeroed out sections or any garbage in the file, it can't be saved.

butchville 2012-11-28 16:25

Thanks for getting back . It seems to be connected with my midi keyboard . Last night while i was working on my track . My midi keyboard stopped working . So i turned the keyboard off and on again . Causing a blue screen to come up . Then i could not open the saved reason file
but the trigger seems to be the midi keyboard . If i turn it off and back on again sometimes not everytime it causes reason to crash and blue screen and pc reboots . But this is the first time i have not been able to open a reason file . Im now very wary of producing more incase i lose more stuff as it takes ages to get a good track right .. Many thanks ...

rVOLT 2012-11-28 17:32

So I've figured it out...

You're not using a mac are you?

I need 99 bucks for this diagnosis.

Try using your onboard USB if you're not.

I think you have conflicting drivers.

Go into your device manager from control panel and see if any yellow exclamations pop up.

butchville 2012-11-28 20:24

Hi mate . I am not using mac . And its a u.s.b midi keyboard and it plugs into my tower .

dpreem 2012-11-28 20:43

Might help if you register Reason first and then come crying Wolf here.

MayorMcCheese 2012-11-28 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengstrom (Post 1187024)
... If the document was something really important, you can send it as a support case and we can try to repair the file...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpreem (Post 1187334)
Might help if you register Reason first and then come crying Wolf here.

I think it’s absolutely marvelous, magnificent and magnanimous that jengstrom himself, one of the top minds and miracle workers of the Propellerhead Consortium, has come forward to help Mr. ville in this, his time of grief and sorrow. Another case of evidence for Propellerhead’s undying appreciation of all of us who strive to make “a cracking tune” with their fine creation, Reason.

Now let’s see what happens if the email request hits Customer Support without a license number.

dpreem 2012-11-28 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1187370)
for Propellerhead’s undying appreciation of all of us who strive to make “a cracking tune” with their fine creation, Reason.

You think supporting pirates and their copies helps boost their sales? I kinda doubt that.

MayorMcCheese 2012-11-28 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpreem (Post 1187392)
You think supporting pirates and their copies helps boost their sales? I kinda doubt that.

No, I don't think that and I doubt it too. I guess I need to work on my tongue-in-cheekiness a bit. Then again, from the look on the face of your avatar, you might should get that corncob out of your wazoo.