Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   giving up? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171849)

wesno9 2012-11-29 11:46

giving up?

i am having terrible sufferings with my music :( this is a call to musicians and composers for advice and help. i seemed to have hit a wall with my playing and composing and feel like giving up :( i have striven for a new sound that my sub-conscious hears all the time yet my fingers and ears cant convey. any advice would be so helpful :(
Loading SoundCloud…

devilfish 2012-11-29 12:05

let the music take control over you :)

i nerver learned to play an instrument..
and I'll learn it never..

It is difficult to have a melody in my head(brain),
and then need to find the right notes. just when it comes to chords..

stick your head out of the sand ...
if I have a creative hole, I'll buy myself a new toy mostly :)

or i make music without notes.. only drums and percussions..

wesno9 2012-11-29 12:21

interesting? :) cheers

mastertonyd 2012-11-29 13:25

With Reason, You could always get a Refill from someone, and build from the new sounds that are there. Sadly, With the RE thing nowadays, the Refills are coming a lot slower. There was once a lot of great stuff coming out all of the time!

rVOLT 2012-11-29 14:10

I never TRY to write anything. I sit down, load a basic beat and start playing random keys to the mood. 9 out of 10 times, I save noting. No expectations...

TraxxProject 2012-11-29 16:25

If I find myself running out of creativity and getting nowhere with my sounds, I just close Reason for a few weeks and listen to more varied music. If you listen to music that isn't in the genre you'd normally listen to you can take ideas and inspiration and turn them into your own creations.

Wensell 2012-11-30 07:59

First of all, you got mad guitar skills!

Whenever I am stuck, I do this...:
Find a song you want to cover. Record the groundwall, drums, rythmguitar..Then change the melody/words to your liking. Perhaps change the tempo. Bam! You got a new song.
I also like to move the loopheads around, creating new chord progression.

sagana33 2012-11-30 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastertonyd (Post 1187799)
With Reason, You could always get a Refill from someone, and build from the new sounds that are there. Sadly, With the RE thing nowadays, the Refills are coming a lot slower. There was once a lot of great stuff coming out all of the time!

That's an unexpected effect.
Points out to the possibility of fragmentation.
The strength of Reason has (had?) to do with a unified platform. If REs break this down, it'll be very interesting to see where it all leads.

sagana33 2012-11-30 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesno9 (Post 1187741)
i am having terrible sufferings with my music :( this is a call to musicians and composers for advice and help. i seemed to have hit a wall with my playing and composing and feel like giving up

Sometimes it help to leave all our electronic equipment for a short while and go be physical: run, cycle to exhaustion.
To get the depression out of your system.

devilfish 2012-11-30 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraxxProject (Post 1187940)
If I find myself running out of creativity and getting nowhere with my sounds, I just close Reason for a few weeks and listen to more varied music. If you listen to music that isn't in the genre you'd normally listen to you can take ideas and inspiration and turn them into your own creations.

this is a very good trick also!!