Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   OT: Does the universe.. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172026)

zeebot 2012-12-01 19:44

OT: Does the universe..

have a purpose?
Great little 2 minute vid to get you all thinking.

PeterLansford 2012-12-01 20:39

That was intense.

Mate 2012-12-01 20:46

Damn, how you've got me at the moment, I've been listening all the Alan Watts lectures recently & just right now apart from the forum I'm reading an awesome book: The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are (don't even think to read it, you'll go crazy & die! :D) So damn, these vids are meant to be, really cool that people start to understand that you can't be alive if only there wouldn't be death after, so just damn, let go, it's simple to say & hard to do, but eventually you'll do that, awesome!

OMOMs 2012-12-01 21:52

Scientists: telling happy people their beliefs are wrong since 1720

RasCricket 2012-12-01 22:05

My GF and I really liked it. She's a science teacher. Thanks for sharing :)

Dave909 2012-12-01 22:07

"Scientists: telling happy people their beliefs are wrong since 1720"

I don't think i ever read a more short sighted statement than that one!

I really don't feel scientists are doing that. They just come up with facts. If that hurts your belief that's up to you. Everyone has the right to believe what they want and feel happy with but saying that scientists are defying belief is one bridge too far for me.

Edit: You wouldn't even be able to type this here and use the software you use if it weren't for scientists. Computers didn't fall out of the sky you know ;)

OMOMs 2012-12-01 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1189865)

I really don't feel scientists are doing that. They just come up with facts. If that hurts your belief that's up to you. Everyone has the right to believe what they want and feel happy with but saying that scientists are defying belief is one bridge too far for me.

Edit: You wouldn't even be able to type this here and use the software you use if it weren't for scientists. Computers didn't fall out of the sky you know ;)

oops sorry for that :D
you are of course completely right about about scientists being responsible for many great things, and I'm not saying scientists are bad.
Many great discoveries have been ridiculed by "the scientific sommunity" because they threaten other peoples funding. What I'm saying is that many scientists actually confirm things ancient teaching are saying for thousands of years.
There's more to existence than what orthodox science can prove.
I'm not advertising what many call religion as well. (which many times is simply mind control -I mean they get people to completely renounce sexuality!) I'm simply stating that what is called science does not truly fulfill its purpose to its fullest potential. the most effective form of science right now is work for the military. If you view science as something that should create means to make life easier, that war thingy would surely be a fly in the soup...
anyway I'm gonna go and shut up now.

Lunesis 2012-12-01 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1189865)

If they did fall out of the sky I'd be running for f**king cover!!

Dave909 2012-12-01 22:58

Oh yeah i think we would all run for friggin cover lol

http://thebest-computers.com/wp-cont...r-Invented.jpg

Would have been like meteors falling down on us haha

Dave909 2012-12-01 23:05

No need to shut up man :D It's just a discussion. I took your statement on face value. Now you explained it i'm with you indeed :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMOMs (Post 1189898)
oops sorry for that :D
you are of course completely right about about scientists being responsible for many great things, and I'm not saying scientists are bad.
Many great discoveries have been ridiculed by "the scientific sommunity" because they threaten other peoples funding. What I'm saying is that many scientists actually confirm things ancient teaching are saying for thousands of years.
There's more to existence than what orthodox science can prove.
I'm not advertising what many call religion as well. (which many times is simply mind control -I mean they get people to completely renounce sexuality!) I'm simply stating that what is called science does not truly fulfill its purpose to its fullest potential. the most effective form of science right now is work for the military. If you view science as something that should create means to make life easier, that war thingy would surely be a fly in the soup...
anyway I'm gonna go and shut up now.