Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to embed a Soundcloud player? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172091)

sbader 2012-12-03 01:37

How to embed a Soundcloud player?
 
I've tried to avoid starting a thread for this, but I've been looking around struggling to figure this out, and I'm at a loss.

So in short. Can someone please explain to me how to embed my Soundcloud songs as a player, like so many of you have already in your signatures and posts?

I'll appreciate all the help I can get at this point.

Thanks

lunastationnadj 2012-12-03 01:43

Not done it before so I'm about to try it:

Loading SoundCloud…


Yep, that worked I think!

1. Go to SoundCloud and click SHARE on the track you want to share.

2. Copy the link from "Get the link:" box.

3. Click "POST REPLY" below on the thread you want to share your song in.

4. Click the orange SoundCloud button in the toolbar.

5. Paste the link between the 2 SOUNDCLOUD tags.

6. Done.

sbader 2012-12-03 01:52

Ok, I'm trying it, but it's not working for me yet.

Are you referring to the "Embed Code" link, by "edit your widget"?

Also I don't see an orange soundcould button, probably because I don't see a "toolbar" anywhere?

Sorry I'm new to SC, and am just learning how to use it, so I apologize for my ignorance.

lunastationnadj 2012-12-03 01:54

No, that's not it. Use the link from the box above that one, labelled "Get the link:".

Then paste it here, select it and then click that SoundCloud button. That should work.

Or type {SOUNDCLOUD}http://soundcloud.com/massivesoundcanada/organik-1{/SOUNDCLOUD}

but replace the { and } with square brackets.

Like this:

Loading SoundCloud…

lunastationnadj 2012-12-03 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbader (Post 1190522)
Ok, I'm trying it, but it's not working for me yet.

Are you referring to the "Embed Code" link, by "edit your widget"?

Also I don't see an orange soundcould button, probably because I don't see a "toolbar" anywhere?

Sorry I'm new to SC, and am just learning how to use it, so I apologize for my ignorance.

Ah I see, I can't see the same things you can see by the sound of it! I'm new to SC too.

Above the "Embed Code" link, is there a one that says "Get the link:"? That's the one.

Try just typing the stuff as per my second suggestion above. That works.

sbader 2012-12-03 02:05

Thank you so much luna, I finally got it to work.

It was just a little confusing for me, as I never/can't see this SoundCloud "button". I'm still curious to know where this "button" might be. Show where should I look for this "button" in the future?

I find it quite a coincidence that your track is "Organiq" and mine is "Organik", pretty freaky if you ask me ;)

But thank you for helping me out.

lunastationnadj 2012-12-03 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbader (Post 1190532)
Thank you so much luna, I finally got it to work.

It was just a little confusing for me, as I never/can't see this SoundCloud "button". I'm still curious to know where this "button" might be. Show where should I look for this "button" in the future?

I find it quite a coincidence that your track is "Organiq" and mine is "Organik", pretty freaky if you ask me ;)

But thank you for helping me out.

Yes! Just noticed the song names! Ha!

If you click the "POST REPLY" button below, does a box appear for you to type your post in?
And does that box have buttons for changing font and stuff at th top?
If so, the SoundCloud button is the orange one next to the YouTube one on the right.
Are you seeing that?

All it does is paste the SOUNCLOUD tags into the message, so it makes no difference if you type them in yourself or not.

sbader 2012-12-03 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunastationnadj (Post 1190535)
Yes! Just noticed the song names! Ha!

If you click the "POST REPLY" button below, does a box appear for you to type your post in?
And does that box have buttons for changing font and stuff at th top?
If so, the SoundCloud button is the orange one next to the YouTube one on the right.
Are you seeing that?

All it does is paste the SOUNCLOUD tags into the message, so it makes no difference if you type them in yourself or not.

No I actually don't see a box for changing font, and no SC or YT buttons :S ? I wonder why I can't see these options here?

In SC, the "get the link" was what I just copied and pasted in here originally, but I didn't have the SOUNDCLOUD and /SOUNDCLOUD option. Not a big deal, if I can't see the SC "button" here, although it would be nice.

Also what is the "Embed Code" option in SC when you click on "Share"

lunastationnadj 2012-12-03 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbader (Post 1190539)
No I actually don't see a box for changing font, and no SC or YT buttons :S ? I wonder why I can't see these options here?

In SC, the "get the link" was what I just copied and pasted in here originally, but I didn't have the SOUNDCLOUD and /SOUNDCLOUD option. Not a big deal, if I can't see the SC "button" here, although it would be nice.

Also what is the "Embed Code" option in SC when you click on "Share"

I'll be honest, I'm just trying to work all this out myself too!

I guess the Embed Code bit is for putting a player on your own website or something. Won't work on forums.

Nice track, by the way mate!

sbader 2012-12-03 02:24

Thanks, was that you on SC who just "favourite" it or "Liked" it?

I really do appreciate all your help, by the way.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:28.