Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason Stock problems all over ? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172169)

cai5 2012-12-04 15:31

Reason Stock problems all over ?

Hi guys, is there some sort of shortage of stock with reason 6.5.

I've ordered the student / teacher edition and its takin ages to come. Payment has been taken and we still have no product. They say its not in stock and will be shipped out as soon as they get it ?

Every single shop in the UK seem to be like this ?

BonezMcCoy 2012-12-04 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cai5 (Post 1191444)
Hi guys, is there some sort of shortage of stock with reason 6.5.

I've ordered the student / teacher edition and its takin ages to come. Payment has been taken and we still have no product. They say its not in stock and will be shipped out as soon as they get it ?

Every single shop in the UK seem to be like this ?

Maybe the best place to check it is with the UK distributor:

Sound Technology plc
Letchworth point
Letchworth Garden city
Hertfordshire
SG6 1ND
United Kingdom

Phone: 01462 480000
Fax: 01462 480800

cai5 2012-12-04 17:06

Thanks, I'll probably bell them tomorrow.

RasCricket 2012-12-04 20:23

Ummm, a real quick way to buy Reason?

Ebay. Student editions too.

One potential problem, however = No one on Ebay checks if youre a student OR an institution, which is bullshit.

I bought Reason 6 - Scratch that = MY GF bought Reason 6 because she's a teacher in a state run school. Legally, we fit all the descriptives to get an EDU version.

Some of you know I havent updated yet. I fear potential problems since I have an EDU version that was never...I dont know, approved or whatever. The guy never asked. It was basically just a cheaper version of Reason.

My point = If it needs some kind of approval from Props so that customer can get an update to the program later down the road with no problems, I would hope that Props are on top of the people they sell or give those EDU versions to for sale.

Cuz I do want to upgrade/update soon. But theres certain clauses with the EDU versions and I've......been staving off any potential dissapointment.

Look on Ebay, but do read all about update clauses and EDU versions. Im not 100% clear on them either.

cai5 2012-12-05 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 1191624)
Ummm, a real quick way to buy Reason?

Ebay. Student editions too.

One potential problem, however = No one on Ebay checks if youre a student OR an institution, which is bullshit.

I bought Reason 6 - Scratch that = MY GF bought Reason 6 because she's a teacher in a state run school. Legally, we fit all the descriptives to get an EDU version.

Some of you know I havent updated yet. I fear potential problems since I have an EDU version that was never...I dont know, approved or whatever. The guy never asked. It was basically just a cheaper version of Reason.

My point = If it needs some kind of approval from Props so that customer can get an update to the program later down the road with no problems, I would hope that Props are on top of the people they sell or give those EDU versions to for sale.

Cuz I do want to upgrade/update soon. But theres certain clauses with the EDU versions and I've......been staving off any potential dissapointment.

Look on Ebay, but do read all about update clauses and EDU versions. Im not 100% clear on them either.

Ironically the software company emailed me yesterday saying mine will be delivered via UPS today !

Great news.

I am actually a media technician in the school ( aswell as a producer / DJ ) so i use this software in house, to make audio clips etc for various things around the school.

I think the EDU is very different from a Stu / Tea edition.

Im the only one that will be using this inside the school ( ;) ) so bought this one as a single license, rather than 5 edu's that we dont need.

Thanks for all the help though guys..... cant wait to claim my free drum sample pack....

Recurse 2012-12-05 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 1191624)

Hi Ras,

You have been sold the wrong product, unfortunately. The EDU versions are for educational establishments such as schools or colleges to teach Reason to students. The Student/Teacher version is for students or teachers to use in their own time on their own machines.

There is a specific upgrade for the EDU versions, whereas the Student/Teachers upgrade in the normal fashion. You may have a hard time getting the EDU upgrade, but if you've been sold the EDU before, you'll probably get it again.

There seems to be an issue with the US distributor keeping their retaillers informed about the various upgrade paths and who's eligible for which version.

BonezMcCoy 2012-12-05 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cai5 (Post 1191972)
Ironically the software company emailed me yesterday saying mine will be delivered via UPS today !

Great news.

I am actually a media technician in the school ( aswell as a producer / DJ ) so i use this software in house, to make audio clips etc for various things around the school.

I think the EDU is very different from a Stu / Tea edition.

Im the only one that will be using this inside the school ( ;) ) so bought this one as a single license, rather than 5 edu's that we dont need.

Thanks for all the help though guys..... cant wait to claim my free drum sample pack....

I'm glad to hear you'll be getting your copy today! Have fun, mate!

koma7 2012-12-05 13:25

One thing to note, i'm fairly sure you cannot have Rack Extension licenses on your multi license editions of Reason (educational copys) shouldn't be too much of a problem if used within a regular educational setting.

RasCricket 2012-12-05 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recurse (Post 1191980)
Hi Ras,

You have been sold the wrong product, unfortunately. The EDU versions are for educational establishments such as schools or colleges to teach Reason to students. The Student/Teacher version is for students or teachers to use in their own time on their own machines.

There is a specific upgrade for the EDU versions, whereas the Student/Teachers upgrade in the normal fashion. You may have a hard time getting the EDU upgrade, but if you've been sold the EDU before, you'll probably get it again.

There seems to be an issue with the US distributor keeping their retaillers informed about the various upgrade paths and who's eligible for which version.

Actually, to get an EDU version, all you need to be is a teacher.

MattiasHG 2012-12-05 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 1192351)
Actually, to get an EDU version, all you need to be is a teacher.

Actually, that's the wrong version. If you're a teacher, get the Student / Teacher version. Same price but it doesn't require you to use it in a school!