Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need more synths in the re shop! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172292)

krazylegz813 2012-12-07 01:37

Need more synths in the re shop!
 
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lunesis 2012-12-07 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazylegz813 (Post 1193112)
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with the current ones?

Michael1985 2012-12-07 09:49

need more special samplers in the shop!
need more special effects in the shop!

krazylegz813 2012-12-07 13:54

we need more synths like gladiator and sylenth and omnisphere

jlgrimes 2012-12-07 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazylegz813 (Post 1193358)
we need more synths like gladiator and sylenth and omnisphere

I think it might be a while before we get a lot of stuff like that. I think the SDK needs to be improved some to handle more complex synths.


Current SDK does a great job with analog emulations, but for huge graphical stuff like omnisphere, I just don't think it is there. And also Omnisphere is like 30 GB of sounds. Dont know if the store would even be able to handle that.


Combinator refills are probably still better alternatives to getting sounds like Omnisphere (although the combinator could use some upgrades to handle more knobs and buttons and maybe more GUI enhancements like metering, spectrum analysis and such).

alternating.bit 2012-12-07 16:17

I would have agreed with this original thread post maybe 2 months ago but... gosh... I can't even keep UP with the synths coming out lately. I think a new synth every 4-6 months would actually make more sense.

I like what's out there now, tho I am craving some vintage gear emulators...

JiggeryPokery 2012-12-07 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlgrimes (Post 1193465)

(the combinator could use some upgrades to handle more knobs and buttons and maybe more GUI enhancements).

Yup.

A few people have wondered what new devices Props might include in Reason 7. Given that PH themselves are producing RE effects and instruments too, including new effect/synth devices in Reason 7+ is arguably redundant to the point that including them might actually annoy more users/devs than it pleases. ("I just bought Predator now you're adding a new synth?! WTF?!"). I'd much rather see the Death List reduced than stacks of new devices in R7.

But that actually gives me hope we will see some kind of user-designable Combinator II as a native Reason device with advanced Panorama control.

As for more synths in the shop... well, ignoring sample-players, we had SubT, Malstrom and Thor before RE.

Now, again ignoring sample-based stuff, we have Antidote, Predator, ABL2, Viking and PolySix.

So, we've more than doubled the number of Reason synths available in just the last six months than we've had for past six years! Not suggesting we don't need more, of course ;) . The SDK needs time to mature as well.

OMOMs 2012-12-07 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery (Post 1193497)
... Not suggesting we don't need more, of course ;). ...

Didn't you say in one post that you're planning to design a killer synth RE yourself?
I'd sure be interested in what that will bring :D

JiggeryPokery 2012-12-07 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMOMs (Post 1193503)
Didn't you say in one post that you're planning to design a killer synth RE yourself?
I'd sure be interested in what that will bring :D

"a killer synth"?!

Blimey, I've got two of those designs here :p , and a third one that probably isn't killer but it's just different enough to what I've seen so far in the shop it'd make a viable cheapish entry-level product just because it'd be so much fun (based on synth I have here). No-one's come forward willing to code any of them 'em yet, though.

Lunesis 2012-12-07 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery (Post 1193506)
"a killer synth"?!

Blimey, I've got two of those designs here :p , and a third one that probably isn't killer but it's just different enough to what I've seen so far in the shop it'd make a viable cheapish entry-level product just because it'd be so much fun (based on synth I have here). No-one's come forward willing to code any of them 'em yet, though.

Could it be... an additive synth?? ;)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:22.