Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RE-Skin REs (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172345)

jaeppel 2012-12-07 23:12

RE-Skin REs

So i think the title says what i want here. We can reskin the Combi and Kong, why not the REs.

I like to throw in the rought rider, and the gui is ok, but damn, sometimes i get tired of looking at that bright white and skyblue thinge, and i keep thinking, man i wish i had the Red on black one, that would be sweet.

And dont forget the much maligned ReStereo. Wouldnt it be sweet to have it in the zombie apocalypse design? Or the elegantly boooooring 2A. Can i have a purple one please?

If Reskinning would be totally undoable as an option, at least give use a few designs and color choices to choose from dear developers.

craven 2012-12-08 03:59

yes, totally agree on this!
having the option to choose from skins would also solve the reocurring issue with people disliking certain looks. Also, switchable skins (kong, combinator) are quite unique to reason and the option for REs would support this even more.

Saitenmann 2012-12-08 16:19

I'm absolutely for this! Opend a sec ago an own thread - but as I stated there, I'd like to go even a step further: why just change the backgrounds? It would be useful and nice, if one could change the appearance of the 16 kong-pads too...

best regards
saitenmann

alternating.bit 2012-12-08 16:33

Personally I don't like the concept of skins in Reason. My old school nature says these are actual SYNTHS in my RACK. if you want to add a small "sticker" on top, ok, but a complete color change/overhaul just doesn't seem right. I like how when you see someone's screencap or a vid demo you can RECOGNIZE the units they own versus "wow, what is that new PINK synth---ohh, he reskinned the Korg" -.-

normen 2012-12-08 16:40

Wow, I don't think developers will want to do that. Just use a combinator ;) Some audio devs seem to put more work in the UI than in the algos, for many people what they see/read is what they hear :D

scottym 2012-12-08 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by campekenobi (Post 1193981)
Personally I don't like the concept of skins in Reason. My old school nature says these are actual SYNTHS in my RACK. if you want to add a small "sticker" on top, ok, but a complete color change/overhaul just doesn't seem right. I like how when you see someone's screencap or a vid demo you can RECOGNIZE the units they own versus "wow, what is that new PINK synth---ohh, he reskinned the Korg" -.-

You must have missed my Enhanced Predator thread, so you won't mind me completely disagreeing with you, even if I know the point your trying to make. :D

joeyluck 2012-12-08 20:45

I think most developers are doing a great job with their GUI. Could be a cool idea, but not sure how feasible since the SDK and GUI are already complicated as it is. However, I have no idea how these things work...