Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PX7 FM Synthesizer (5% AUTOMATION) WTF??? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172699)

NMRosta 2012-12-14 09:50

PX7 FM Synthesizer (5% AUTOMATION) WTF???

Am i the onlye one that love automations????

Many RE instrument do not allow automation because of CPU memories limit etc and i do respect that. But i sure hope that propellerheads take a hard look and make things happend.

I love to work with automations because im making that kind of music that have many changes in the sound. I whant to have 100% kontroll over my instrument.

I get frustrated about this issue! I was about to buy PX7 FM Synthesizer because i love that crazy possibility to change the sound but suddenly i relized that there is almoust NO possibility to make any automation. that mean that i only can configure what kind of instrument i whana use and then stuck with it. No possibility to change the sound!

NO NO NO!

Viking & Antidote seems to be the only few that allow 100% automation. Then again i do understand that there is pretty mutch going on behind the screen but i wont buy a instrument that not allow nearly any automation.

Or is this how it will be? Super instrument with no automation? It is almoust like going back to recorded wav instrument.. Grrrrrrr

"Excuse my bad spelling. hope you guys/girls undestand me anyway"

* Dont men to diss respect The instrument/fx maker but i think i have the right as a customer to be ANGRY when something fantastic amazing doesent work perfectly!

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8771/wtfpt.jpg

Smedberg 2012-12-14 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by FogstridEr (Post 1198171)
No possibility to change the sound!

Explanation why in this post.
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...3&postcount=14

But if you cannot alter the sound by those automations you clearly doing something wrong...

devilfish 2012-12-14 10:22

I can understand you totally! °
it is a pity that the automation does not work. :(

for € 80 I expect any more. sorry.

the hardware synth costs only 150-170€ euro on ebay

Smedberg 2012-12-14 10:22

A second tip before anyone chimes in and say they would like to automate the coarse on an modulator.

Use for ex. algorithm 4 and have operator 2 on one coarse and operator 3 on the other coarse. Use automation to lower level on operator 2 and raise it on operator 3.
Yes, a limitaion but a work around.
Use what you got instead of limit your mind to what you don't.

joeyluck 2012-12-14 10:25

I thought there would be many more CV inputs...

devilfish 2012-12-14 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedberg (Post 1198182)
A second tip before anyone chimes in and say they would like to automate the coarse on an modulator.

Use for ex. algorithm 4 and have operator 2 on one coarse and operator 3 on the other coarse. Use automation to lower level on operator 2 and raise it on operator 3.
Yes, a limitaion but a work around.
Use what you got instead of limit your mind to what you don't.

yes, you're right...

But you probably know that if you use the mouse to twist a controller and WOW :D you want to record it? or take an LFO for that job ..
and then it is not possible .. it is annoying..

NMRosta 2012-12-14 10:42

Absolutley! I guess that is something i will do in the future. But it scares me that there will be more and more "work around" situations in Reason and that is a bitt anoying. Still i do think PX7 FM Synthesizer is woth that problem but i wount spend
€ 80 on it.

devilfish 2012-12-14 10:48

the truth is:

that's bungling on construction!

The props had no desire to deal with the problems.
"it is not possible to automate because of clicks and artifacts and CPU spikes ..

while all this is only because of their sloppy programm-code!

sorry.. I do not buy half-finished stuff :D

NMRosta 2012-12-14 11:09

Devilfish:

Word!

The thing is that i have spent a lot of money on all those RE instruments and many of them are really great! But i think we as costumers demand good quality and not "half-finished material"

It is like to buy a new car where there is no radio or air condition in it. It is alright and the car itself works pretty good but why buy this car when there is other full completed around the corner? And the salesman says "Well you can always listen to music throught your iphone and the aircondition is pretty easy to fix. Just open upp all your windovs in the car and it will do just fine.

devilfish 2012-12-14 11:31

i agree..

the marketing is: there is no other DX7 clone (or FM Synth)..
So they give us this (bad) offer (without the fully working Automation) :(

the synth is great. it sounds really good.
it's also nice to have it before the Christmas holiday.
it would be desirable if they rework the automation.
until then I'll wait with the purchase.
I'll do a song done in the 30 days .. ;)

and then we'll see.

sales Policy? marketing policies?