Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason Gurus help please (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=172971)

smeenz 2012-12-18 23:12

Reason Gurus help please

Hey guys. Really loving Reason, but theres a few irks that are driving me crazing that I can't find a work around on my own, wondering if anyone knew how to help.

Zooming. How do I remap the keys so I can use my middle mouse wheel to zoom (and probably Control-Middle Mouse Wheel to zoom in vertically). Clicking those little + and - buttons is insanely slow.

How do I get the sequencer to follow the mixer and rack views when I solo or mute a track? Also, when I rearrange the track order on the sequencer view, the mixer doesn't follow copy the new track order.

Finally, how do I hide unused tracks on the sequencer and mixer windows?

Many thanks

djfresha 2012-12-19 13:40

Fast zoom.... ok use Ctrl- and mouse wheel to zoom in, Shift- and wheel to scroll - CTRl+Shift+ wheel - zoom and scroll same time

Sequencer to follow the mixer... you mean automation? Alt-click to allow automation editing, and on the sequencer the control will appear. Then draw in the automation to allow mute on / off. you draw the automation in clips, so you can reposition them and / or timestretch them like audio (siik)

you can't hide mixer tracks, only fold / unfold. If you are not using anything on them at all, then kill / delete them off

selig 2012-12-19 18:12

The solos and mutes on the sequencer are different from the solos and mutes on the mixer, so they simply cannot be linked (one mutes data near the beginning of the signal path while the other mutes audio near the end of the signal path).

Linking them would be similar to linking the mute on a send with the mute on the return - they are both mutes but they do different things because they are at different points in the signal path. :-)

Mate 2012-12-19 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1201866)
The solos and mutes on the sequencer are different from the solos and mutes on the mixer, so they simply cannot be linked (one mutes data near the beginning of the signal path while the other mutes audio near the end of the signal path).

Linking them would be similar to linking the mute on a send with the mute on the return - they are both mutes but they do different things because they are at different points in the signal path. :-)

Glies, don't get me wrong or any banter, I'm really serious as I could to be in my life now!

I've heard (as I think you & a lot of people) that Johnny bought cool mansion in Nashville, so I gave a thought to myself that you could meet him & make some soundtracks for his new projects! :)

Wouldn't it be cool? :)

selig 2012-12-19 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1201882)
Glies, don't get me wrong or any banter, I'm really serious as I could to be in my life now!

I've heard (as I think you & a lot of people) that Johnny bought cool mansion in Nashville, so I gave a thought to myself that you could meet him & make some soundtracks for his new projects! :)

Wouldn't it be cool? :)

I guess I should do the neighborly thing and drop by and introduce myself!!! ;-)

Mate 2012-12-19 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1201928)
I guess I should do the neighborly thing and drop by and introduce myself!!! ;-)

Should do! :)

Cheers! :)

smeenz 2012-12-20 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfresha (Post 1201656)
Fast zoom.... ok use Ctrl- and mouse wheel to zoom in, Shift- and wheel to scroll - CTRl+Shift+ wheel - zoom and scroll same time

Sequencer to follow the mixer... you mean automation? Alt-click to allow automation editing, and on the sequencer the control will appear. Then draw in the automation to allow mute on / off. you draw the automation in clips, so you can reposition them and / or timestretch them like audio (siik)

you can't hide mixer tracks, only fold / unfold. If you are not using anything on them at all, then kill / delete them off

Thanks DJFresha - thats perfect. Glies sorted the question on sequencer following mixer.

smeenz 2012-12-20 08:41

Glies. Cheers for the info on the mixer/sequencer linking, thats exactly what I was after.
I don't understand why that matters though? A mute is a mute, who cares where it is on the signal path. The mixer mute/solos links with the rack, which is technically before the channel mute/solos.

dudelab21 2012-12-20 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeenz (Post 1202356)
Glies. Cheers for the info on the mixer/sequencer linking, thats exactly what I was after.
I don't understand why that matters though? A mute is a mute, who cares where it is on the signal path. The mixer mute/solos links with the rack, which is technically before the channel mute/solos.

If you listen to it closely, their mute behaves differently. The mute for sequencer tracks only mutes the sound but not the effects, try it on some tracks that has a lot of fx or release coz you'll still hear it after you mute it... While on Mixer's mute, when you mute, it mutes all the signals. You can automate it too.(Nice for chopped up stutter effect)

smeenz 2012-12-20 10:38

Mmmkay, I hear it. Its weird though, and pretty annoying imho.

Cheers mate.