Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Saturation knob (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173016)

snooz 2012-12-19 18:00

Saturation knob

Did i got it wrong ? i was sure that they were giving it away free ! i had it since it came out !! and then bam ! i need to buy it ? Free means Try ??
Come on ! that was a cheap shot !

Mate 2012-12-19 18:18

Were times when you could get Pulsar & SK for free, but now they're went paid, so you've just lost your chance, that's all!

All cool mate, when Props will make RE's transferable I'll sell you it for 9 bucks or maybe if I'll get cool mood, just give you it away! :)

snooz 2012-12-19 21:37

saturation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1201867)
Were times when you could get Pulsar & SK for free, but now they're went paid, so you've just lost your chance, that's all!

All cool mate, when Props will make RE's transferable I'll sell you it for 9 bucks or maybe if I'll get cool mood, just give you it away! :)

thank you ! but i had it on my key since day one !i still have pulsar !
i was on time to get it ! Its ok to make it payable! but leave it to those who got it free !! it was supposed to be a gift from softube!! indian givers !!!!

thanks again annyway !cheers

petegwatson 2012-12-19 21:41

It was and is free to those who clicked 'buy' ... although it was free you still need to click buy to have it permanently.

snooz 2012-12-19 21:43

oh i see ! thank you

djfm1983 2012-12-20 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1201867)

Which would you give away? the Pulsar or Sk? I wouldn't give away the SK, I don't use the Pulsar that much my self. I use the SK on almost every track I do. I think it works wonders on bass and kick drums.

Mate 2012-12-20 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by djphathead (Post 1202216)
Which would you give away? the Pulsar or Sk? I wouldn't give away the SK, I don't use the Pulsar that much my self. I use the SK on almost every track I do. I think it works wonders on bass and kick drums.

Ha, SK mate, it is, if they will get it transferable, it's your for FREE! Made it now, now wait for Props! :) I'm not kidding, I'd if I could, but we all still can't tho!

djfm1983 2012-12-20 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1202219)
Ha, SK mate, it is, if they will get it transferable, it's your for FREE! Made it now, now wait for Props! :) I'm not kidding, I'd if I could, but we all still can't tho!

wow so you don't like the SK? I think that is one of the best RE I have. Works wonders on 808 drum kicks and sub bass sounds that I have a hard time being able to hear on small speakers.

Mate 2012-12-20 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by djphathead (Post 1202223)
wow so you don't like the SK? I think that is one of the best RE I have. Works wonders on 808 drum kicks and sub bass sounds that I have a hard time being able to hear on small speakers.

You know, thing is, that if I need some punch on the kick I'll get Pulveriser (filter off, sq: about 20-30 & dirt off), so pretty the same about any other sources but it really depends of the hearing of my ears at the moment! :)

At least you can always throw up the volume sound on the synths & get pretty the same shit as with the SK, you know, tested already! :)

If I'm wrong, pls feel to remark me!

djfm1983 2012-12-20 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1202225)
You know, thing is, that if I need some punch on the kick I'll get Pulveriser (filter off, sq: about 20-30 & dirt off), so pretty the same about any other sources but it really depends of the hearing of my ears at the moment! :)

At least you can always throw up the volume sound on the synths & get pretty the same shit as with the SK, you know, tested already! :)

If I'm wrong, pls feel to remark me!

I like how the Sk only boost the harmonics (all,highs only or lows only). Turning up the volume knob on a synth would not produce the same effects as the SK. If I am correct the SQ on the pulveriser is just a compressor right (please correct me if I'm wrong)? That wouldn't really be useful for when I'm trying to get a sub bass sine wave to be audible on a small set of speakers. Sine waves have no harmonics so compressing it with the SQ wouldn't help the sine wave to be hear on some small speakers, adding some harmonics would help.