Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Amazon-style Reviews for REs (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173021)

razingspiral 2012-12-19 19:39

Amazon-style Reviews for REs

The ability to trial REs is probably the answer to this but I think it would also be useful for people trialing or who have bought the RE in question to be able to write a review. Maybe this could include creative ideas, comparisons with alternatives/pros cons vs similar devices.

I personally find the 5-star rating system almost completely meaningless and find myself looking to youtube for reviews if they are available. This would be quite useful for those situations where you've already tried out a device but ran out of time before really getting to grips with it (or just forgetting about it until it expires :s)

dudelab21 2012-12-19 21:06

I think if review/comments will be implemented, a lot of people will just complain for the sake of complaining without backing it up. That's what I'm afraid will happen if that's the case.

Dave909 2012-12-19 21:10

Yeah if the forum is anything to go by i wouldn't implement it either if i were the Prop in charge of it ;)

selig 2012-12-19 21:40

I've suggested the Amazon system in past discussions, so I have to give this thread a hearty +1! :-)

KidBomba 2012-12-19 21:54

An amazon style rating would be good. SO people that are complaining or providing invaluable review, would get negative scores while good reviews get plus scores.

Dave909 2012-12-19 21:56

SO everyone will write good reviews just to get a good score on their review? lol, great system! ;)

selig 2012-12-19 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1202056)
SO everyone will write good reviews just to get a good score on their review? lol, great system! ;)

I certainly don't see that happening on Amazon, so I guess not. ;-)

Dave909 2012-12-19 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1202068)
I certainly don't see that happening on Amazon, so I guess not. ;-)

Haha i hope not lol ;)

SHOMGS 2012-12-20 03:04

I'm not sure I could handle the polar extremes, such as you tend to see with amazon reviews, for rack extensions. It would likely be, 'this is the best thing ever' against reviews stating, 'this is the biggest pile of shit ever'. Amazon reviews tend to be less than diplomatic in most cases. If people have spent their money on something that doesn't meet expectations they really let the product have it in any subsequent reviews.

Dogboy1973 2012-12-20 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOMGS (Post 1202238)
I'm not sure I could handle the polar extremes, such as you tend to see with amazon reviews, for rack extensions. It would likely be, 'this is the best thing ever' against reviews stating, 'this is the biggest pile of shit ever'. Amazon reviews tend to be less than diplomatic in most cases. If people have spent their money on something that doesn't meet expectations they really let the product have it in any subsequent reviews.

Amazon market place reviews are the killer - 'Seller said it would take 2 days and it took 3!! DO NOT USE THIS SCAMMING GRUB!! versus 'Super fast dispatch time, would suck this seller through a garden hose!!'. Seriously Amazon style reviews for RE's would be the worst, the absolute F****NG WORST idea in the history of invited criticism!!

The star ratings are bad enough! Re-Stereo I think is the only RE to have as low as 2 stars. I'll be the first to admit I think it's the ugliest RE GUI that's possible to make outside of a ScottyM special & it's overpriced. That's got nothing to do with what it does or how it sounds but you can bet your life the star ratings don't reflect this. So Re-Stereo has not had a fair ride at all I fear with it's 2 stars! People that work in McDonald's for more than a day leave with more than 2 stars!!