Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 6.5 is boss! Just one noob(ish) problem. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173105)

monkiebars 2012-12-20 21:54

Reason 6.5 is boss! Just one noob(ish) problem.
 
I am a dying breed of musician who play acoustic guitar as well as using midi hardware. Reason 6 is great, love it. But I cannot find any acoustic guitar settings/effects. The presets are all for electric.

Anybody know how to get that clean, pop, warm feel for acoustic guitar?

Any advice will help and I'll give em' all a shot.

Thanks community.

EnochLight 2012-12-20 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkiebars (Post 1202900)
I am a dying breed of musician who play acoustic guitar as well as using midi hardware. Reason 6 is great, love it. But I cannot find any acoustic guitar settings/effects. The presets are all for electric.

Anybody know how to get that clean, pop, warm feel for acoustic guitar?

Any advice will help and I'll give em' all a shot.

Thanks community.

Welcome to Reason!

I also have an acoustic (with an electric pickup). What are you trying to accomplish? I find a little reverb and touch of compression really brings mine out really well, but if you're not using electric pickups then how are you mic'ing your recording session? As you probably already know, how you place your mics will have a lot to do with how your guitar sounds.

MayorMcCheese 2012-12-20 22:21

In the R6 FSB > All Effect Patches > Instrument Processors there’s an Acoustic Guitar.cmb patch and in > Mastering there’s an Acoustic.cmb patch and in Fidelity FX > Distortion there’s an Acoustic Guitar Exciter.cmb patch. May be worth a shot as a start.

monkiebars 2012-12-20 22:22

Ah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnochLight (Post 1202913)
Welcome to Reason!

What are you trying to accomplish? I find a little reverb and touch of compression really brings mine out really well, but if you're not using electric pickups then how are you mic'ing your recording session?

Thank you for the warm welcome, coincidentally, I would like just as warm sound from the acoustic. I am using an acoustic electric and I find the pick ups on that are more what i'm looking for (as oppose to using my RODE mic.)

As I am a complete amateur at knob fiddling and EQ fondling perhaps you could give me a example of what settings you use.

monkiebars 2012-12-20 22:36

Sir
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1202914)
In the R6 FSB > All Effect Patches > Instrument Processors there’s an Acoustic Guitar.cmb patch and in > Mastering there’s an Acoustic.cmb patch and in Fidelity FX > Distortion there’s an Acoustic Guitar Exciter.cmb patch. May be worth a shot as a start.

This is it!

Awesome! Thanks a million. Time to get jamming! It sounds so good.

MayorMcCheese 2012-12-21 00:13

Welcome to Reason and to the forums and to some happy jamming! How about posting us a track sometime?

monkiebars 2012-12-21 01:55

Absolutely!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1202988)
How about posting us a track sometime?

For sure! Where can I hear others in the meantime?

As Einstein once rightly stated - "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."

djfm1983 2012-12-21 08:00

For me I find that using a stereo mic technique (mid/side using a cardioid pattern mic and figure 8 pattern mic all encoded) works best. Google mid/side stereo mic technique to find out how to wire this all up.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:28.