Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Album Release 12.21.2012: Earthgasm - The Second Cumming (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173126)

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2012-12-21 09:10

New Album Release 12.21.2012: Earthgasm - The Second Cumming

All created from scratch with Reason 6, Akai MPKmini, FastTrackPro, Rode NT1-A mic, and an MSI laptop running Windows 7

For now it's here: http://anthonymichaelangelo.bandcamp...second-cumming until it's up on CDbaby here: http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/AnthonyMichaelAngelo

http://imcleverartistname.com/ is my homepage webzz where you can get updates on the new music video releases in the works.

Already a new album also in the wurx! <3<3

Thanks for reading this whole thread.
Love you all.

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-01-04 14:07

It's such a strange feeling to know that people post individual tracks on this forum, being Reason users, and they get numerous hits. I post an entire album and it disappears into the bowels of the archive within a day, and then I personally forget I posted it over a week later.

I have to do a personal bump on this thread. I have my Reasons :P

PsyTale 2013-01-04 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMichaelAngelo (Post 1212156)
It's such a strange feeling to know that people post individual tracks on this forum, being Reason users, and they get numerous hits. I post an entire album and it disappears into the bowels of the archive within a day, and then I personally forget I posted it over a week later.

I have to do a personal bump on this thread. I have my Reasons :P

Nobody wants to invest time anymore in listening to other peoples music. People are becoming more and more egotistical (yes; tistical) here by the day. I will try and check out your whole album this weekend and give you some feedback on the forum.
I dont like your hint at cumming in combination with gasm. But that doenst mean i wont like your music either :)

ecopro 2013-01-04 17:01

Perhaps the unnecessary vulgar pun might put people off.
I can understand it though, sex always sells.
It's just being used too much and for far too long nowadays.
Another thing might be about that Quid Pro Quo thing.

On the other hand, I'm willing to listen to the album when I get a chance and come back with some feedback for you.

Best of luck on your release!

Ed

mbain 2013-01-04 17:19

I listen to music posted here frequently, and I often post comments.

The title of your album told me I wouldn't like it, so I didn't listen.

As someone said, it "put me off", but also, I know that the kind of music I like wouldn't have a title like that anyway.

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-01-04 21:31

I agree with the lack of listening patience that's engulfing people more everyday. It's mind boggling how that happens, but in a now-now-now, no longevity market of people releasing only singles and remixes, it doesn't surprise me.

The album title is my way of laughing at social boundaries people corner themselves with, which are mostly stemmed from the religious viewpoint: controlling their believers. Facts sometimes do hurt; that's where the majority of comedy comes from. Most people never actually see full albums anymore, and only know tracks by a single-basis; so in this case, most people aren't ever going to see the album title unless they actually look it up or a person tells them. I post it fully on this page because in a community of audio engineers and artists, we are the ones that destroy boundaries of people's daily lives. It's most accepted in a place like this; or though I would like to think. If not, it doesn't bother me much at all, but it's entertaining to observe.

It's Techno music. ;)

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-01-04 21:33

To you unnecessary, to others entertaining. I like coin-flip odds when it comes to comedy most of the time. Hate and talk shit about it uncontrollably, or love it and promote it uncontrollably. My kinda art.

Much love to you and your feedback; I always appreciate the wisdom and experiences of the people in the Propellerhead community. I wouldn't have learned this software so well if it wasn't for you intelligent mothafuckas!!! <3<3

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-01-04 21:37

Words don't paint pictures in this forum; the music does. I'm not here to come up with Newspaper article psychology: this is the rawness we artists enjoy. No bullshit. If I want bullshit, I'll go watch the news on TV.

If all goes well, you get off with a person you enjoy getting off with to the album ;) - I'll take your "put me off" somewhat literal in this situation :P

If you enjoy drum-driving Techno, you never know what the title is going to be. Titling things is the fun part to top off a track to me. I'd rather the person remember the song and get a kick out of the title sometimes. ^_^

Big ups for the time you took to reply.

PsyTale 2013-01-04 23:07

So i listened to some of your tracks, let me start by saying that I envy the fact you got a whole Cd's time full of your own music in basically one style. Thats worth the compliment in my opinion. Some of your tracks are nice as well, I do sometimes have the feeling I am listening to arranged loops rather then composed/midi data. Not that it matters a lot because that still is fine by me but I just have this feeling because all of your tracks have a certain feel about them. It might just be your style i don't know yet.

But then I have something else too, you have some guts standing on your own very poorly designed cover like that (i'm assuming its you). But it makes me shiver the wrong way, especially since you seem to blame earth itself for what you have described.

Maybe you should consider the fact that what your also showing right now it that you stick your d**k in everyones *s* and I for a starters cannot see the fun in that. I am not homophobic but..

I dont like your message, and if you believe people will like it then i will advice you to keep on kicking the world like that. It will certainly make you feel better. But if i'd give you some good advice it would be to try and really market your music in a different way. Maybe more commercial and less creepy.

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-01-05 01:13

Your reply has made my day a lot better. A friend of mine read it with me and she loved it as well.

The album cover is pure troll-comedy. So yes, I may have some guts to not really give much care as to being naked on the cover (most people never see an album cover today so it's no big deal). As for the music, driving beats without excessive automation & changes are there for certain genres: House and 4 to the floor are meant to drive, not constantly change up. EDM is loop-based music. I create all of my music from scratch: no pre-made loops.

Not sure if I'm blaming the Planet for anything; that sentence confused me. It's more taking a stab at religious dogma of being an anti-sexual person, unless it's for reproductive reasons. Opinions are always welcomed.

Advice accepted. Take a glance at the other 4 albums I've released on your spare time; each presented differently with a different story to tell.