Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Navigating the RE shop - needs improving (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173137)

alternating.bit 2012-12-21 14:49

Navigating the RE shop - needs improving

Does anyone else find it difficult to FIND or SHOP the RE's on Propellerhead.se?

Almost EVERY time I log on I find myself going up & down trying to just SEE all of them, but instead I'm forced to have them broken into a "spotlight" section, then "highest rated" or "new releases" -- which, I'll add, only lists 5, and they aren't the newest ones. For instance I saw "Dragon Gate" was new today because of a Forum post, but when I go to the RE shop, I don't even see it. Unless, of course, I type it in a SEARCH but shouldn't it be in the "NEWEST" list?

This is how the RE page SHOULD be, in my opinion:

Sure, have a spotlight banner up top for promotion, but then let the rest of the page be EVERY RE with a SORTING tab to chose from options such as Release date / Rating / Category or Type.

"Similar products" is subjective... it's helpful, but then again it's somewhat random. I understand you can type in a specific SEARCH but when browsing, lets say I just want to see what's new, or I want to see only synths, etc.

And when I finally look at an item, how do I get BACK to the RE area? I have to click on a SIMILAR PRODUCT, or a randomly chosen MORE FROM PROPELLERHEAD unit. Otherwise it's back to the PROPELLERHEAD SHOP tab.. too many steps.

Please, someone pass along my frustration... there needs to be a better way to casually shop REs.

sentient.minority 2012-12-21 14:56

By using the "Browse" button you can sort by name, developer or date.

I fail to see the confusion?

Smedberg 2012-12-21 14:58

Have you tried "browse"?

There you can sort them on date, name, manufacturer. Grid or list...

sentient.minority 2012-12-21 14:58

You can also sort by type "creative fx", "instruments", "studio fx" & "utilities" when browsing.

sentient.minority 2012-12-21 14:59

Beat you to it!

Smedberg 2012-12-21 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient.minority (Post 1203459)
Beat you to it!

Damn, and what happens now?

But that does not count since you didn't tell upfront that it was a competition.

TheFatControlleR 2012-12-21 15:02

There should be a sort list by colour too!

sentient.minority 2012-12-21 15:04

No prizes, purely for sport and it's the only victory I've had this year (however shallow)!

Arsenic 2012-12-21 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFatControlleR (Post 1203465)
There should be a sort list by colour too!

Good point - But I want to sort by the number of knobs :D

TheFatControlleR 2012-12-21 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsenic (Post 1203534)
Good point - But I want to sort by the number of knobs :D

Yes, that would be useful.

However, while I'm not a size queen, I'd rather have a few BIG knobs to play with than a load of small ones.