Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Nexus as a Rack Extension (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173179)

RuckusProducer 2012-12-22 03:46

Nexus as a Rack Extension

I wonder if Refx Nexus could become a rack extension in the future, Id really like to see that, has anyone asked refx about it?

jlgrimes 2012-12-22 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuckusProducer (Post 1204149)
I wonder if Refx Nexus could become a rack extension in the future, Id really like to see that, has anyone asked refx about it?

Dont know. You could probably drop them an email.

Smokey622 2012-12-23 21:49

I emailed Re-FX when RE's were announced. They said it's not going to happen until PH is more flexible.

RuckusProducer 2012-12-23 22:16

Ouch! thats a bit of a pain

joeyluck 2012-12-23 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuckusProducer (Post 1205289)
Ouch! thats a bit of a pain

Afraid this might be the case with many developers. Which isn't a bad thing. Why settle for compromises on the originals?

RuckusProducer 2012-12-24 00:02

I get what your saying joeyluck, i hope in the future the RE SDK can be updated to allow users of rack extensions to switch through different pages within the same device

joeyluck 2012-12-24 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuckusProducer (Post 1205347)
I get what your saying joeyluck, i hope in the future the RE SDK can be updated to allow users of rack extensions to switch through different pages within the same device

That would be very cool. It's for these reasons that I've stopped contacting developers (regarding their current plugins). Trying to have some patience =)

Still very cool for those to bring over what they can as is... and even cooler for folks to create new things for Reason. But for me at least, the plugins that currently exist that I'd like to see as REs wouldn't be possible with the current SDK unless in conjunction with major compromises.

josephbrooks7 2012-12-24 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuckusProducer (Post 1204149)

that would be amazing to have in Reason! :')

jlgrimes 2012-12-24 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuckusProducer (Post 1205347)

I'm guessing the props have future plans for updating the GUI. Probably the reason they initially went inflexible. I'm guessing all the Reason devices will get overhauled in the future. The inflexibility initially might be for backwards compatibility.

charlycharlzz 2012-12-25 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey622 (Post 1205265)
I emailed Re-FX when RE's were announced. They said it's not going to happen until PH is more flexible.

IK multimedia and there poor support and there horrible registration system sayed the same 2 me .
I say they will comeback by there selfs .