Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RE prices? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173418)

shrimatt 2012-12-26 22:52

RE prices?

I am a long time user and a great fan of Reason and fully welcomed the RE experience.
However for one who isn't exactly overwhelmed with cash I find the prices somewhat probibitive, particularly as the apps available for portable devices on the market are getting more sophisticated yet still maintaining very competitive and accessible prices. For example Korg do a fantastic version of the Korg Polysix for the IPad, currently on special offer US$14.99 until December 31, 2012. Can developers really justify the higher prices or would it be better to keep the prices down and sell to more users? I feel this argument could also be extended into other areas; maybe refills as well? Anyway I would like to hear what you have to say, and particualrly the Props team!

Thanks for reading

SteveDiverse 2012-12-26 23:45

If you do a search of the General and User forum for RE pricing you will probably find enough posts to keep you reading for a year.

JohannEmmanuel 2012-12-26 23:57

Audio software is natoriously over priced. There are some applications on the ipad which blow reason and RE out the water. And this isnt some jab at the props, most audio software and vst is suffering the same fate. I enjoy using rebirth on the ipad more than reason. Since using these apps I have discovered I no longer need to buy software synthsisers and drum samplers. Reason has becoming a dumping ground for audio and the ssl mixer, I am basicaly only using a personal computer and not an ipad because I don't have the ssl and reason on the ipad lol

n0ahg 2012-12-27 00:22

Korg are free to offer a discount and/or voucher on the Polysix RE if they want to just like any other dev!

Benedict 2012-12-27 01:04

I'm intrigued, what software on an iPad (or Android) is better than Reason?

:)

JoshuaPhilgarlic 2012-12-27 01:15

I can't stand this whining any longer :( .

SteveDiverse 2012-12-27 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict (Post 1206631)

I think it was a reference to Angry Birds :)

Benedict 2012-12-27 01:42

I am so tired of it too. I know Xmas time is hard on most of us but we here should be best blessed as we are Gods. We stellar few who can create.

Ok so maybe I get above myself a tad but perhaps the angry birds in here are simply finding that creating isn't as easy as the marketing blurb on the Garageband website and this is getting them bent out of shape. After all that is easier than stepping up and being a God.

LOL

JohannEmmanuel 2012-12-27 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict (Post 1206631)

Not better than reason, I just feel instruments (vsts, reason etc) are really boring for me when you can use much more interactive sound design tools on the ipad. Its not even "they are better" its just a more rewarding experience than point and click for hours.

I use rebirth, electribe, animoog and a granular sampler called borderlands at the moment. Also use the op1 synthesizer.

Thats a video of boarderlands, I think you will like it. Still using reason for the mixer and arrangement , just wish they had something on the ipad for rough sketches we can then later import into reason. Its a great finacial avenue for them or even if they allowed 3rd parties to develop utilities for reason on the ipad. It would also be a great way to increase presance of reason on the platform. (DREAM TALK)

ohmygoff 2012-12-27 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohannEmmanuel (Post 1206665)

Thats a video of boarderlands

Sounds a bit like an electronic windchime generator to me... ;)