Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What do Balance-buyers do who already own Reason 6.5? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173497)

altron 2012-12-28 05:53

What do Balance-buyers do who already own Reason 6.5?
 
Come on Props! This is not a good solution! I already own Reason 6.5, and want to buy Balance. But not for the price of another copy of R6.5 or even Reason Essentials! The money I'd had spend for that is reserved for Nektar P6!

n0ahg 2012-12-28 05:59

Reason Essentials is bundled free of charge so the price would be the same without it. The interface is worth the asking price!

altron 2012-12-28 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1207450)
Reason Essentials is bundled free of charge so the price would be the same without it. The interface is worth the asking price!

So the price for Balance is indeed $449. Wew, Ok, thanks for pointing this out!

SteveDiverse 2012-12-28 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by altron (Post 1207456)
So the price for Balance is indeed $449. Wew, Ok, thanks for pointing this out!

check out amazon.com for best pricing (<$350)

reasoner498 2012-12-28 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by altron (Post 1207447)
Come on Props! This is not a good solution! I already own Reason 6.5, and want to buy Balance. But not for the price of another copy of R6.5 or even Reason Essentials! The money I'd had spend for that is reserved for Nektar P6!

If you do buy it, I'd be interested in purchasing or trading for the Essentials license.

My friend's son is into music & recording, and I'd like to pick up a copy to give him.

n0ahg 2012-12-28 08:36

Just remember the bundled Reason Essentials can be upgraded to Reason 6.5 using the cheaper normal upgrade so is worth more than the stand alone Reason Essentials!

hexaet 2012-12-28 09:04

that's still no good for
people like me that have reason 6.5 (and now ..2) that just want to buy balance...

reasoner498 2012-12-28 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1207499)
Just remember the bundled Reason Essentials can be upgraded to Reason 6.5 using the cheaper normal upgrade so is worth more than the stand alone Reason Essentials!

There's nothing to "remember".

It's worth whatever a seller and buyer agree upon.

reasoner498 2012-12-28 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexaet (Post 1207500)
that's still no good for
people like me that have reason 6.5 (and now ..2) that just want to buy balance...

No, what he's saying is that because it can be upgraded for $169 instead of $329, then it should sell for more than the boxed price of $129.

The truth of the matter is that Reason 6/6.5 sells for ~ $200-250 on the secondary market.

If you consider that $250 is the going price, and $169 is the upgrade price, then you can figure that Essential from Balance is worth perhaps $81, because people won't pay more than the going rate for the combo... they'll just wait for somebody else to sell it.

Now, if the going rate is $200, then you need to lower prices accordingly.

For that same ~ $80, you can find older versions of Reason proper, which is fair to say is considered a "better deal" than Essentials, since it includes several key devices that Essentials doesn't include.

I recently sold an extra copy of Essentials from Balance here for $75, and told the buyer where to get the R6 upgrade for $129... $129 + $75 = $204.

The buyer was happy, I was happy, he got R6.5 for $204, and I would have never sold the license for "more than the boxed version".

altron 2012-12-28 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1207469)
check out amazon.com for best pricing (<$350)

Thanks for the hint! I found a slightly used one for ~170$.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:50.