Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   extension racks in 6.5 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173637)

eroxx 2012-12-30 15:45

extension racks in 6.5

Does 6.5 COME with extension racks or do you have to buy them? Thanks!

SonicGoodness 2012-12-30 16:04

You have to purchase them. I think there is a free one out there. All the others have price tags from $9 to $150+.

Benedict 2012-12-31 00:23

Well technically Reason actually has several REs standard (we just didn't know at the time): The Echo, Alligator are definitely built in the RE SDK and I think Pulverser and possibly Neptune.

The sneaky Props were using us all as beta testers to their platform. Forgiven of course as no one seems to be having 3rd party RE irregularities.

But yes, RE is a platform (like VST) that you can use to add new units to your workspace. The standard units that ship are so capable (in part with CV & Combis) that you have little need to HAVE to purchase anything else.

:)

EpiGenetik 2012-12-31 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict (Post 1209403)
Well technically Reason actually has several REs standard (we just didn't know at the time): The Echo, Alligator are definitely built in the RE SDK and I think Pulverser and possibly Neptune.

Echo, Alligator and Pulveriser = All are RE's
Neptune = Not a RE.

Peace

SteveDiverse 2012-12-31 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpiGenetik (Post 1209444)
Echo, Alligator and Pulveriser = All are RE's
Neptune = Not a RE.

I agree with this - as it's what Props revealed when they announced RE - but I think they're more of a hybrid than a full/true RE

They were built using the RE technology but released before the shop came out.

Since we didn't have any separate license issues, they also appear to be part of the Reason license as opposed to being under the RE license.

They aren't listed under under your account : rack extensions.

If you sell Reason 6, I'll bet those three "RE" will transfer.

They aren't in the shop, so they don't appear to be devices that can be updated independent of a release of the base program.

n0ahg 2012-12-31 01:25

We don't know if they were ever updated to the current RE API so they could still be 'pre REs' ;-)

JoshuaPhilgarlic 2012-12-31 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1209452)
They aren't in the shop, so they don't appear to be devices that can be updated independent of a release of the base program.

Perhaps that's the idea behind? To offer updates for single devices without the need of updating the whole software??

EpiGenetik 2012-12-31 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1209452)
I agree with this - as it's what Props revealed when they announced RE - but I think they're more of a hybrid than a full/true RE

Yip, there is obviously some flexibility built in to them so they can get around the shop stuff. :)

My understanding is that in all other aspects though they are fully fledged RE's, and were designed this way to give a year long public beta to the format. Now THAT is dedication to making sure your product works!

pjeudy 2012-12-31 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicgoodness (Post 1209014)
all the others have price tags from $9 to $150+.

$9 to $199

n0ahg 2012-12-31 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpiGenetik (Post 1209493)
Yip, there is obviously some flexibility built in to them so they can get around the shop stuff. :)

My understanding is that in all other aspects though they are fully fledged RE's, and were designed this way to give a year long public beta to the format. Now THAT is dedication to making sure your product works!

Agreed, they use a pre-release of the the APIs used by RE but they aren't packaged the same way. I think it would be good if pros forward ported them so Reason Essentials users could buy them ;)