Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   One More Night (Maroon 5) dub step remix/cover (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173717)

crane 2012-12-31 20:49

One More Night (Maroon 5) dub step remix/cover

So, I finally got some time again to create music. I started with this remix/cover project, because my daughter begged me to make a dub step version of One More Night, and she would do the vocals.

It is not really dub step, as that doesn't go along with a lot of vocals, so it's a electronic dub step pop remix/cover. Or, whatever you want it to be :)

Loading SoundCloud…

Hope you like it!

VillaNDubstep 2013-01-01 15:26

Like it, I love it!
Really good cover and the vocals are awesome she's got a cracking voice, kind of ellie goulding in sound.
I'd love to do a VIP of this but great work, favourited by me :)
Get her vocals on more dub step stuff it really suits

crane 2013-01-01 15:44

Thanks! I will pass the compliments to my daughter...

I'll be doing some more stuff the coming months (with her vocals), though it won't be all dubstep. I think some EDM and some sing/song writer stuff. See what fits her best.

VillaNDubstep 2013-01-01 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by crane (Post 1210262)
Thanks! I will pass the compliments to my daughter...

I'll be doing some more stuff the coming months (with her vocals), though it won't be all dubstep. I think some EDM and some sing/song writer stuff. See what fits her best.

Ye, always a good idea to keep a broad range and most importantly as long as you're both enjoying it then it's all good.
Acoustic is always nice to listen to.
Keep up the good work anyway, both of you.

DivineSage 2013-01-01 19:25

Really good job. I especially like the vocal tracks. When I listen to it though I think there needs to be some huge pads behind it. It just feels so right for it.

crane 2013-01-01 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenTheDreamers (Post 1210355)
When I listen to it though I think there needs to be some huge pads behind it. It just feels so right for it.

I've tried this, but it felt choked. Just couldn't get it right (but there are some subtle pads moving in the background). I'm really new at these monster basslines filling up all the space... I already found it very difficult to create enough space for the vocals.

Thanks for listening and for your remarks. I might try it again.

DivineSage 2013-01-01 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by crane (Post 1210372)
I've tried this, but it felt choked. Just couldn't get it right (but there are some subtle pads moving in the background). I'm really new at these monster basslines filling up all the space... I already found it very difficult to create enough space for the vocals.

Thanks for listening and for your remarks. I might try it again.

Just an idea, what about side chaining the vocals to a set of pads so you can duck to give space for the vocals when she sings?

PsyTale 2013-01-01 21:30

Hi there Crane,

I like the track although its not my music persee, i like the wobbling bass thing. Very sweet stuff always works wel.

Im not to savvy about how the vocals have been processed. I wonder were the vocals recorded after making the track basis or before?

crane 2013-01-01 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenTheDreamers (Post 1210396)
Just an idea, what about side chaining the vocals to a set of pads so you can duck to give space for the vocals when she sings?

Yeah, thanks, will give that a try. I already use side chaining on the basses and the subbass for the bassdrum. That worked very well.

crane 2013-01-01 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1210433)
Im not to savvy about how the vocals have been processed. I wonder were the vocals recorded after making the track basis or before?

The vocals were recorded two times: first a fast recording session to sketch the track. When about 75% of the track was set, I recorded the final vocals.

I've used the Saturation Knob on all the vocals to give it an distorted edge. Kind of fits the genre.