Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ochen K. - Glitch Effect (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173738)

devilfish 2013-01-01 13:51

Ochen K. - Glitch Effect

please

is it possible to have CV-Inputs for all DRY/WET knobs ????

happy new year!

pjeudy 2013-01-01 17:19

Can I also Add something!

Ochen K I use Glitch often and would really like more Glitch effect types ;-) and Also I requested in the pass a volume or Level (slider,knob) for each glitch type..

The reason is that sometimes, I get a cool sounding Glitch but it ends up sounding low in level in the part that I'm Triggering the effect.

As a small work around I record the sound from what ever instrument in Audio, then manually slice each part of the audio just to raise The level of the Glitch effect applied...would be nice if I could simply have Glitch to raise the Audio Level each time it triggers a particular effect (stutter,gate,reverse etc..)
Very cool RE to add Movement to a track. I like it !

PsyTale 2013-01-01 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjeudy (Post 1210301)
Can I also Add something!

Ochen K I use Glitch often and would really like more Glitch effect types ;-) and Also I requested in the pass a volume or Level (slider,knob) for each glitch type..

The reason is that sometimes, I get a cool sounding Glitch but it ends up sounding low in level in the part that I'm Triggering the effect.

As a small work around I record the sound from what ever instrument in Audio, then manually slice each part of the audio just to raise The level of the Glitch effect applied...would be nice if I could simply have Glitch to raise the Audio Level each time it triggers a particular effect (stutter,gate,reverse etc..)
Very cool RE to add Movement to a track. I like it !

Yeah glitch needs an update! Lots more can be added!

rogerlevy 2013-01-01 19:05

I'd like a CV gate out that triggers on the effect switches, and a CV out that outputs the effect number so that you can use it to change Matrix patterns or as a random number generator.

pjeudy 2013-01-01 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1210337)
Yeah glitch needs an update! Lots more can be added!

Yes. Being that I use Glitch very often. To me Adding a Levels knob or slider to each effect independently is a must ! I find my self bouncing to audio just to raise the levels. It slows my flow a little.

Now you can move the MIDI notes around to catch a louder part of a sound..but what happens is ,if you like where the original glitch note was hitting,then moving the MIDI notes will alter the timing/feel that you where looking for,just to get the effected parts a Little louder! Level on each effect might minimize that !

ochenk 2013-01-02 23:06

Thanks for the suggestions. Effect-specific volumes and CV gate ins and outs are on my update list.

pjeudy 2013-01-03 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ochenk (Post 1211187)
Thanks for the suggestions. Effect-specific volumes and CV gate ins and outs are on my update list.

Thank ya !

joeyluck 2013-01-03 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ochenk (Post 1211187)

Awesome! It's because of involved developers like yourself that I am happy to own Glitch, aside from it being super fun and at a remarkable price.

How do you plan to include the knobs? I always loved the layout of the front—I think you did a magnificent job with that. But it does seem that space for another row of knobs could be freed-up if the enable buttons become the LED indicators or vice versa. I have at times found myself trying to click the indicators instead of the buttons lol. Is this your plan or do you have a different approach in mind?

ochenk 2013-01-03 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyluck (Post 1211780)
How do you plan to include the knobs? I always loved the layout of the front—I think you did a magnificent job with that. But it does seem that space for another row of knobs could be freed-up if the enable buttons become the LED indicators or vice versa. I have at times found myself trying to click the indicators instead of the buttons lol. Is this your plan or do you have a different approach in mind?

I'm not sure yet. Unfortunately, because of limitations with the SDK, the enable buttons and the LEDs have to be separate. There should be plenty of room to move things around, but I haven't played with it yet. I'm working on a different set of REs right now (see https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=173127) but I think that as soon as those launch, I'll start working on the feature updates to Glitch while I wait for reactions to the new REs.

joeyluck 2013-01-03 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ochenk (Post 1211789)
I'm not sure yet. Unfortunately, because of limitations with the SDK, the enable buttons and the LEDs have to be separate. There should be plenty of room to move things around, but I haven't played with it yet. I'm working on a different set of REs right now (see https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=173127) but I think that as soon as those launch, I'll start working on the feature updates to Glitch while I wait for reactions to the new REs.

Oh yes! Looking forward to those as well =)

Thanks for the update!