Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Got Me Wondering. 80s-style pop with Antidote and PX7 (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173764)

carlgrace 2013-01-01 23:32

Got Me Wondering. 80s-style pop with Antidote and PX7
 
Hey everyone,

Here's my first song of 2013! It's called Got Me Wondering and makes heavy use of Antidote. It has 5 Antidotes, one PX-7, and two Combinators from the amazing 88-MPH refill by Ed Bauman.

This song is totally 80s. Let me know what you think!

Loading SoundCloud…


Here are the lyrics:
Who is this girl with the golden hair?
I’d like to talk but I wouldn’t dare

I saw her I was standing in a Muni train
I was soaked, I was dripping, I’d been caught in the rain

Her hair was in braids she had a painted eye
She had an old bike and a younger guy

You run with the hares and you run with the hounds
You got me wondering
It seems to me that you own this town
You got me wondering

You run with the hounds and you run with the herd
You got me wondering
I’m sure that you know that this is absurd
You got me wondering

I saw her last week at Dolores Park
I had to get home it was getting dark

I saw her at a restaurant just the other day
She doesn’t have to wait she just gets her way

I saw her at the airport she was dressed to the nines
Is this the same woman I see all time?

raymondh 2013-01-01 23:59

Hi Carl

Great job - yes totally 80s synthpop - particularly the early 80s. With your choice of sounds and composition, you've stayed true to the genre! Well done!

Raymond

LastAlternative 2013-01-02 00:05

This probably could've been a hit in the 80s. Nice man. You write quick if it's new this year in less than a day already!!

carlgrace 2013-01-02 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondh (Post 1210526)
Hi Carl

Great job - yes totally 80s synthpop - particularly the early 80s. With your choice of sounds and composition, you've stayed true to the genre! Well done!

Raymond

Yeah, it is pretty early 80s. Some of the synth lines in the chorus remind me of Berlin or Human League. It was fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerski (Post 1210530)
This probably could've been a hit in the 80s. Nice man. You write quick if it's new this year in less than a day already!!

I worked on this thing all day. My wife had a big project to get done so I had some good uninterrupted time. Antidote is such a synth... it's a snap to make it sound fantastic.

PsyTale 2013-01-02 01:34

I don't know why I like it but I do like it It reminded me very much one of those aging movies from the ladies. So you should make some more medicine Québec today's date to Adam I pictured and remove you have got some guys are doing.

This is what Siri makes from my sentences, they're totally different from what I meant to say but well you know Siri, she's a bitch.

scoobyman 2013-01-02 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1210610)
I don't know why I like it but I do like it It reminded me very much one of those aging movies from the ladies. So you should make some more medicine Québec today's date to Adam I pictured and remove you have got some guys are doing.

This is what Siri makes from my sentences, they're totally different from what I meant to say but well you know Siri, she's a bitch.

Awesome. A whole new form of poetry.

scoobyman 2013-01-02 02:28

On to Carl's song.
 
Very nice. The bass line sounds like a DX7 I used years ago. I assume that's the Px7. I really like the backup stabs and bells. 100% the genre.

carlgrace 2013-01-03 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyman (Post 1210653)
Very nice. The bass line sounds like a DX7 I used years ago. I assume that's the Px7. I really like the backup stabs and bells. 100% the genre.

You're exactly right, the bass line is PX7. Also the bells. Antidote played most of the lead sounds and the pads.

Thanks for listening.

billymcbride 2013-01-03 08:41

Very smooth sounds and enjoyable Carl.

ksjohnston 2013-01-04 00:05

That is good stuff! love the px7 sounds


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:29.