Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just bought Reason....Can't Authorize? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=173833)

cpaddock56 2013-01-03 03:16

Just bought Reason....Can't Authorize?

I just bought Reason essentials today. I installed the program then inserted my ignition key and ran Authorizer. It says the server is connected and the ignition key is present, so I click "Launch Browser."

It takes me to a page to enter a License Number & Registration code. I have two codes that came with the software and are present in the dvd case, but do not fit in the fields for the license number and registration code.

After seeing that not working, I decided to look under "Ignition Key Info" it says "There are no licenses registered on this Ignition Key."

Am I completely missing something on how to install this software or is there something wrong with what I have purchased?

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-03 03:54

Hey, welcome to the forums :)

Well the license number should be in a 6, then 4, then 6 digit format if it's like the full version, the registration code is one I don't remember. Pretty sure you don't enter spaces or dashes when putting in the numbers. Really should fit straight away.
Well, looking this comment over I think I can say it probably wasn't much help, but maybe it was spaces getting you ;)

cpaddock56 2013-01-03 04:06

Thank you for the response!

My License "number" is just 3 words that are most likely not the actual key for the software. Looks like this: xxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

Same for the registration code, it is just 4 words, also not likely the actual code I need. looks like this: xxxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxx, xxxx

SteveDiverse 2013-01-03 04:51

try the "your account" link at the top of this page
on that page, select 'register new product'

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-03 05:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpaddock56 (Post 1211328)
Thank you for the response!

My License "number" is just 3 words that are most likely not the actual key for the software. Looks like this: xxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

Same for the registration code, it is just 4 words, also not likely the actual code I need. looks like this: xxxxxxxx, xxxxx, xxxx, xxxx

Wait, they aren't actual numbers? Yeah that can't be right. I haven't seen any #'s that haven't been in the "RSNxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx" format where the x's are actual numbers
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1211336)
try the "your account" link at the top of this page
on that page, select 'register new product'

This is likely your best bet. No idea what's going on with those #'s though.

SteveDiverse 2013-01-03 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1211347)
Wait, they aren't actual numbers? Yeah that can't be right. I haven't seen any #'s that haven't been in the "RSNxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx" format where the x's are actual numbers

The register new product fields online match the pattern posted by OP.

My Record for Reason license begins REC and the rest are numbers in the pattern you posted. The registration code is not 'words' but it is mostly letters.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-03 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1211377)
The registration code is not 'words' but it is mostly letters.

Ahh, gotcha.

cpaddock56 2013-01-04 04:35

I went back to Guitar Center today and they confirmed I am missing my License Number and Registration Code, BUT they can not doing anything about it. They said all software purchase are final once the box has been opened. Damn!

I just sent an email to Propellerhead, I'll post if they are able to fix my issue!

reasoner498 2013-01-04 09:35

See this...

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...hlight=sticker

cpaddock56 2013-01-04 19:06

That is EXACTLY what happened to me! Great find! I am still awaiting a response from Propellerhead. I'm sure their email support is stacked right now after the holidays.