The BEST book you've ever read
No, I'm not talking about the latest Stephen King novel;
what's the best book you've picked up that helped you understand your craft?
I have quite a pile amassing and all of them have their merits.
A few of my top reads are:
- Mixing Secrets by Mike Senior
- Mixing Audio by Roey Izhaki
- Understanding and Crafting the Mix by William Moylan
- Everything written by Bobby Owsinski (he's awesome!)
- Shortcuts to HIT Songwriting by Robin Frederick
- Shortcuts to Songwriting for Film & TV by Robin Frederick
I replied to your post in the User Forum: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...70&postcount=4
How Music Really Works by Wayne Chase
Composing Music - A new approach by William Russo
HMRW is an excellent (and long) book on theory, but is rather short on exercises.
Composing Music is all exercises, in a more classical vein. On the very first page you are writing music, with a limited set of rules.
|All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:54.|