Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Collaboration between Raymond Hayter and Carl Grace: Come Back to Me (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174130)

carlgrace 2013-01-08 16:54

New Collaboration between Raymond Hayter and Carl Grace: Come Back to Me

Raymond Hayter and I just finished a new electro track using a TON of Antidote instances. Check out Raymond's awesome synth solo towards the end!

Loading SoundCloud…

Come Back to Me
Raymond Hayter and Carl Grace

We’re getting older
We’ve got so much to lose
We need to take control
We need to choose

We’re getting wiser
Learning from our mistakes
We will succeed
We’re doing what it takes

When you’re far away
Come back to me!
Every night and day
Come back to me!
I want you by my side
Come back to me!

I want to hear your voice
Come back to me!
I want to be your choice
Come back to me!
Don’t wanna hurt inside
Come back to me!

I made a mistake
Letting you get away
I’d love to go back
Change how I was that day

This is my story
I put it into song
Maybe we can figure out
What we think went wrong

Mate 2013-01-08 17:32

Nice song Carl!

Amazing use of Antidote, music is fantastic, great collab guys!

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-01-08 18:23

Nice powerful snare. Liking these melodies.

raymondh 2013-01-08 21:02

Hey everyone - don't set your expectations too high on the synth solo!!

As for Carl's Keith Emerson comment on SoundCloud, he's being funny. Maybe if I was trying to play the keyboard backwards!! Oh, wait a minute, Keith Emerson does that! Anyway while the solo is basic, no synths were thrown off any stages and no knives were hurled into the instruments!!

Great job from Carl on this work. As always, a pleasure to collaborate with him.

FYI - as Carl says, this is very Antidote heavy, in fact apart from drums/percussion, the vocals and an orchestra hit, it's all Antidote.

cheers,
Raymond

UberJimm 2013-01-08 21:40

REALLY like the change-up at 2:19. Nice to see people putting Antidote to such melodic use. It's quickly becoming one of my go-to instruments these days. The backing vox in the chorus ('come back to me!') sounds like vintage mid-80's Depeche. Possibly "Set Me Free (Remotivate Me)' era or thereabouts. Good job, lads! :)

Cheers,

J

ryszard 2013-01-08 23:00

It's interesting to observe the body of work that you two are generating. This is not my favorite but it is still engaging and definitely of a piece with the others. You have a distinctive and consistent style. I think you should consider studying up on promotion, making yourselves known, and releasing some of this stuff.

FWIW,

Richard

shiny64 2013-01-09 02:08

pretty nice song lads, very 80s sounding (petshop boys/new order).

I like it a lot, well done

p.s
does anyone else have a problem with antidote saying that your computer is too slow when you have a few instances of it?
My computer is ultra fast i7 with a ton of ram so I know my computer should be more than capable of running without any problems, it only does it with Antidote.

keep up the good work

Ritchie

scoobyman 2013-01-09 02:25

I like the darker quality. Nice branching out on this one.

carlgrace 2013-01-10 07:10

Thanks for all the nice comments! And Richard, wow you sure flatter us! :)

We're enjoying working together and I also have noticed our "sound" is pretty coherent even though we do somewhat different stuff left to our own devices.

I hope Raymond continues wanting to write songs!

And Ritchie, I have a Mac Mini and I had a lot of problems with this song because of all the instances of Antidote on it.

tincture 2013-01-10 08:54

Another good tune guys. The injection of new elements kept me interested, love the bass line and good sound again.