Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Buy, Sell, Trade Rack extensions (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174177)

SNB1 2013-01-09 17:05

Buy, Sell, Trade Rack extensions

I think we should be able to sell and trade rack extensions with other reason users. Just so we can have a little more control over what we bought. Especially when the racks can get pricey, after a while, you might want to sell or trade it for something else. Buying, selling, and trading is how we survive in this world. This will make the rack extension experience flexible.

VillaNDubstep 2013-01-09 17:19

I agree, but I don't think props will do this just because it takes some revenue away from developers.
But it would benefit us users greatly and I would like to have the option, it could all be done on this website though and should be in a user only section so we don't get people trying to rip users off.

SNB1 2013-01-09 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1215336)
I agree, but I don't think props will do this just because it takes some revenue away from developers.
But it would benefit us users greatly and I would like to have the option, it could all be done on this website though and should be in a user only section so we don't get people trying to rip users off.

Well if they think about it, most people are going to be selling to buy another rack extension. This is better than people cracking their vst products. I think they'll lose more money that way then this way. Just like Propellerhead allows people to sell their reason license is the same way we should be able to handle rack extensions.

Mate 2013-01-09 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNB1 (Post 1215340)
Well if they think about it, most people are going to be selling to buy another rack extension. This is better than people cracking their vst products. I think they'll lose more money that way then this way. Just like Propellerhead allows people to sell their reason license is the same way we should be able to handle rack extensions.

Absolutely!

I've heard that a lot of people are regretting about some RE's they've bought! I think they'd love to sell them to someone who really need it, so I think it would be cool to have that transfer ability for RE's!

SNB1 2013-01-09 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1215347)
Absolutely!

I've heard that a lot of people are regretting about some RE's they've bought! I think they'd love to sell them to someone who really need it, so I think it would be cool to have that transfer ability for RE's!

Absolutely. This would make our experience with rack extension a more pleasant and flexible one. Everybody can be happy. Developers aren't getting there product cracked and we able to add and remove racks that we want or have use for anymore by allowing us to buy, sell, and trade rack extensions.

Mate 2013-01-09 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNB1 (Post 1215353)
Absolutely. This would make our experience with rack extension a more pleasant and flexible one. Everybody can be happy. Developers aren't getting there product cracked and we able to add and remove racks that we want or have use for anymore by allowing us to buy, sell, and trade rack extensions.

Indeed & devs won't lose revenues, yep maybe & little, but again PH allows to transfer licenses of their products & some of RE are PH products as well btw! Doesn't always mean to sell btw, coz you can simply gift them to your friend & so on!

So the same situation with the RE's, one man who bought RE already gave his money to the devs, so it's now his licence & he should to be able to sell, gift it, I think it's really fair!

charlycharlzz 2013-01-10 02:00

also why do they say press the buy thing if we aint buying it but renting a lifetime liscence !?!
I love reason , I love RE's but I dont love all this ! the only good thing is that if you get the Repo knoking at your door they will sell your computer , they will sell your reason but you will still have all your RE's :D

plaamook 2013-01-10 02:25

yeah, all that about how cracks are stolen goods. you wouldn't steal a computer, or a this, or a that, right? so why steal software? its unethical, bla, bla, bla.

right. so if its a 'real' thing that it would be dishonest to steal why cant i sell it? and i don't mean put all my RE's are on one license. i mean sell em individually and trade em.

not good for props business model? yeah well, this one ain't too good for mine. and in the long run it isn't very good for the argument against piracy. you want us to treat code like its an object, let us buy it and sell it like a real object.

shit like this, combined with the beloved dongle, makes me wish they'd crack it.

VillaNDubstep 2013-01-10 09:01

Well considering RE's are still new to the world and it hasn't even been a year yet since their release, I'm hopeful that with enough nagging props will come round to the idea.
Here's one problem though, let's say I bought an RE for it's intro price, uhbik A for example, what would stop me from selling it for more than I paid? Would that be fair or should it be controlled?

OMOMs 2013-01-10 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1215732)
Here's one problem though, let's say I bought an RE for it's intro price, uhbik A for example, what would stop me from selling it for more than I paid? Would that be fair or should it be controlled?

that sounds like an actual argument against selling REs...