Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to record "what im hearing on the mac" (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174219)

emperium 2013-01-10 13:17

How to record "what im hearing on the mac"
 
How do i set my mac to record the music playing in my itunes player for example in reason 6.5?
i dont need answers on how i can make wave files in audacity but how to record directly in reason the sounds playing on the computer. it was possible in the old days.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-10 14:09

Not positive, as I'm a windows guy and this one is mac only, but I'm pretty sure the program I've seen people mention for routing internal sounds to reason is Soundflower.

rVOLT 2013-01-10 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1215806)
Not positive, as I'm a windows guy and this one is mac only, but I'm pretty sure the program I've seen people mention for routing internal sounds to reason is Soundflower.

In system pref / sound
change your input to your desired source.

I think thats all...

releaux 2013-01-10 17:47

Soundflower is definitely your friend here.

reason2dance 2013-01-10 18:35

This tool is very useful for this:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/

plaamook 2013-01-10 20:34

yeah, soundflower. just be sure to turn reason's master out off or you'll get all kinds of feedback.

dioxide 2013-01-10 20:39

I recommend http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

I've not tried it but this might be worth a look too:
http://rogueamoeba.com/piezo/

releaux 2013-01-10 21:32

Soundflower has the benefit of being free, but if you have the money to spend, both the Wiretap and Audio Hijack Pro options mentioned above will provide more features and less configuration wonkiness.

reason2dance 2013-01-10 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by releaux (Post 1216127)
Soundflower has the benefit of being free, but if you have the money to spend, both the Wiretap and Audio Hijack Pro options mentioned above will provide more features and less configuration wonkiness.

Absolutely. If you use this function very often, it's money well spent.

@emperium:

You could use Snapz Pro X for this, too.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

A brilliant screen capturing tool, which also can record audio. After a recording you can save just the audio track und dump the video part...

reason2dance 2013-01-10 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dioxide (Post 1216102)
I've not tried it but this might be worth a look too:
http://rogueamoeba.com/piezo/

This is definitely a cool tool. Imagine this would be a Rack Extension with audio directly streaming into an audio track within Reason :) ...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:18.