Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Propellerheads Microwave. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174251)

rVOLT 2013-01-10 21:16

Propellerheads Microwave.
 
I was heating up some food when my girl came up and tried to stick her food in the microwave. I told her not to do it! The user agreement signed at the time of purchase specifically states that only one user can use the Microwave at a time. I turned my back, and of course she sticks her food in anyway. The moment she hit start, the Microwave stopped working. Now I have to wait 24/48 hours for tech support to get my reply to their email telling me about how I violated their agreement before my account can be used again.


hehe. I'm at work, and I want to run reason, but I'm worried I may have forgot to close it at home, so now I can't run it from my laptop or they'll close me out of my account again. =) Smile

MayorMcCheese 2013-01-10 21:26

Then I expect that your boss at work appreciates Propellerhead. Then again, he could just go ahead and fire you, give your girlfriend a call and take her out to dinner.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-10 22:19

This is totally besides the point, but I've always wondered why some people leave their computers running while they're not around. By mistake?

carlgrace 2013-01-10 23:07

When I saw the title I hoped it was a thread about a new RE that Props was making based on the Waldorf Microwave. That would have been great.

rVOLT 2013-01-10 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1216123)
Then I expect that your boss at work appreciates Propellerhead. Then again, he could just go ahead and fire you, give your girlfriend a call and take her out to dinner.

Hey ya'll its MayorMcCheese ya'll lol. Thanks for your concern but I am the Boss. ;-)




Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1216176)
This is totally besides the point, but I've always wondered why some people leave their computers running while they're not around. By mistake?

You've never got up to get a drink, then been abducted by aliens ?

Sometimes you get side tracked, sometimes you fall asleep on the keys and wake up early without checking. Sometimes steak... Sometimes chicken... You never know!


We need an option that logs your name out if you're using it elsewhere, and saves the file to a default save file... =)

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-11 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvolt (Post 1216215)
You've never got up to get a drink, then been abducted by aliens ?

Sometimes you get side tracked, sometimes you fall asleep on the keys and wake up early without checking. Sometimes steak... Sometimes chicken... You never know!

We need an option that logs your name out if you're using it elsewhere, and saves the file to a default save file... =)

Nah, the only abduction I've ever experienced was perpetrated by a roving band of mooseducks. Antlered me near to death's door before a sexy decoy floated by and distracted them.
Yeah I do that falling asleep thing but that tends to be TV related. I miss waking up to Rhonda on USA Up All Night.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1216319)
I frequently leave my computer on while I'm not around...but I never leave applications running (except antivirus and whatever else runs 'in the background').

I do that, but never for longer than a trip to grab something from the grocery store etc. I just figure hard drives and CPUs have a certain "power-on" lifetime whether you're actively using them or not. Why suck extra hours away.

SteveDiverse 2013-01-11 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1216354)
I do that, but never for longer than a trip to grab something from the grocery store etc. I just figure hard drives and CPUs have a certain "power-on" lifetime whether you're actively using them or not. Why suck extra hours away.

I don't know about other electronics...but...turning on a light bulb uses as much energy and puts as much wear on the bulb as leaving it on for 20 minutes.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-11 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1216357)
I don't know about other electronics...but...turning on a light bulb uses as much energy and puts as much wear on the bulb as leaving it on for 20 minutes.

Very true about incandescents, where 110 is going straight into a filament in an instant. I think less so with flourescents due to the buffer zone of the ballast and starter - I've got to assume the power supply in a computer works the same way in terms of power regulation making startups much safer.
Think I remember the average rated lifespan of a HDD is something like 30,000 hours, so 3.5 years always on, or much longer if off when not in use (if my way of thinking is correct, of course.)

rVOLT 2013-01-11 04:52

Turns out reason wasn't running after all. LOL.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-11 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvolt (Post 1216369)
Turns out reason wasn't running after all. LOL.

Hahahaha well hell, you should've microwaved your girlfriend. Wait, no... what?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:56.