Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Orchestral Experiment #1 - Miroslav Refills (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174360)

PsyTale 2013-01-12 11:17

Orchestral Experiment #1 - Miroslav Refills

This is a track with experimenting with the positioning of an orchestra in sonic space. The track isnt top notch, and sounds a little synthetical at moments but it did give me a give me a good idea how an orchestra is situated.

Its been composed in reason, mainly used Miroslav refills for this, but used Epic Drums from Big Fish Audio aswell to make it a little bit more dramatical.

Loading SoundCloud…

Some people hate it most like it, wonder what you think!

mysteriuz 2013-01-12 15:23

Hi, I like what you are doing!, keep it up

Mo

PsyTale 2013-01-12 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysteriuz (Post 1217350)
Hi, I like what you are doing!, keep it up

Mo

Hi Mo,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it!

MayorMcCheese 2013-01-12 16:55

Impressive! Further mastering/reverb and a few extra slam-bang tympanis could make it very much so.

Edit: I just listened also to "Masters of Eden" on your SC page. You know of what you are doing. Tight work with good emotional content.

Staarchylld 2013-01-12 17:10

Sounds great ! Good work.

angryzog 2013-01-12 17:59

Nice and epic sounding. I felt like i could have been watching some movie trailer that involved Machiavellian intrigue and knights.

elwoodblues1969 2013-01-12 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1217271)
This is a track with experimenting with the positioning of an orchestra in sonic space. The track isnt top notch, and sounds a little synthetical at moments but it did give me a give me a good idea how an orchestra is situated.

Its been composed in reason, mainly used Miroslav refills for this, but used Epic Drums from Big Fish Audio aswell to make it a little bit more dramatical.

Loading SoundCloud…

Some people hate it most like it, wonder what you think!

This is quite excellent,as the attention to detail is impressive...but it's too bad that Propellerhead has not upgraded to a better sample player yet....because if they had and you were working with better samples,I think your work would be indistinguishable from the real thing! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-music007.gif

PsyTale 2013-01-12 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1217408)
Impressive! Further mastering/reverb and a few extra slam-bang tympanis could make it very much so.

Edit: I just listened also to "Masters of Eden" on your SC page. You know of what you are doing. Tight work with good emotional content.

Hehe nice play of words there ;) Thanks i guess :) Masters of Eden was a burden to get out haha.. Im happy with the result indeed! Thanks for listening!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staarchylld (Post 1217415)
Sounds great ! Good work.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angryzog (Post 1217433)
Nice and epic sounding. I felt like i could have been watching some movie trailer that involved Machiavellian intrigue and knights.

Thanks these comments always make me feel good because its the direction im aiming for. And a few others hehe.. To many ideas, to little time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elwoodblues1969 (Post 1217457)
This is quite excellent,as the attention to detail is impressive...but it's too bad that Propellerhead has not upgraded to a better sample player yet....because if they had and you were working with better samples,I think your work would be indistinguishable from the real thing! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-music007.gif

Yes it would be great if there came a kontakt player RE that would revolutionize sampling in reason. Thanks for the huge compliment!

stephencolbert5 2013-01-13 09:47

Love it! :)
Also, glad to see another user making classical music.

Tips for making classical music with Reason (4.0 in my case):
ORCHSTRINGS, SUPERSTRINGS, or Lord of the Strings for fast, front-and-center violins
Griffin's Secret Strings for background, full-chord violins (to give it a fuller sound)
Concert Piano or Five Meter Grand Piano for mid-to-deep piano parts (including full-chord pianos)
Grand Piano for high piano parts
Electronic Crash Cymbal for big finishes
Griffin's Secret Strings or Soft Petals (under Electric Piano category) for bass

PsyTale 2013-01-13 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephencolbert5 (Post 1217831)
Love it! :)
Also, glad to see another user making classical music.

Tips for making classical music with Reason (4.0 in my case):
ORCHSTRINGS, SUPERSTRINGS, or Lord of the Strings for fast, front-and-center violins
Griffin's Secret Strings for background, full-chord violins (to give it a fuller sound)
Concert Piano or Five Meter Grand Piano for mid-to-deep piano parts (including full-chord pianos)
Grand Piano for high piano parts
Electronic Crash Cymbal for big finishes
Griffin's Secret Strings or Soft Petals (under Electric Piano category) for bass

Actually my goal is to migrate classical music with modern styles. Thanks for the tips, I have a tip too :) Upgrade and get some re's ;) Some are really intesting for classical prods, like Radical series! Thanks for your comment, im going to try our griffin.