Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No "Open in 32 bit mode" option (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174410)

neilaspin 2013-01-13 14:44

No "Open in 32 bit mode" option

I'm trying to re-wire Reason 6.5 into Logic and I am not getting this option on the 'Get Info' tab. I have tried to boot into safe mode (as per Google) but nothing for Reason. I can see the tick box for other applications, e.g Adium.

TheFatControlleR 2013-01-13 14:51

I know FA 'bout Macs/Logic but, (if required) have you installed a 32bit version of reason?

EDIT:
OK, cancel that, just looked it up and it's irrelevant info.

reasoner498 2013-01-13 14:52

Look in the readme file included in the Reason installer.

It has instructions for 32-bit mode.

BonezMcCoy 2013-01-13 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilaspin (Post 1217898)
I'm trying to re-wire Reason 6.5 into Logic and I am not getting this option on the 'Get Info' tab. I have tried to boot into safe mode (as per Google) but nothing for Reason. I can see the tick box for other applications, e.g Adium.

Are you right clicking on the Reason app icon that is INSIDE the Reason folder? Also, it would seem that Logic's latest version is compatible with ReWire 64bit. If you update Logic, you won't need to worry anymore.

whiskas 2013-03-05 20:40

I too am having the same problem , there is no option after clicking get info to change to 32 bit and yes I am clicking on the app icon inside the reason folder, I have had this problem for weeks now and no one can answer, but there is definitley no option anywhere to change to 32 bit mode...stuck man?

BonezMcCoy 2013-03-05 20:46

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskas (Post 1250387)
I too am having the same problem , there is no option after clicking get info to change to 32 bit and yes I am clicking on the app icon inside the reason folder, I have had this problem for weeks now and no one can answer, but there is definitley no option anywhere to change to 32 bit mode...stuck man?

Right click Reason icon on dock
Choose options
Choose show in Finder
Right click Reason app icon
Choose get info
Check box (see attached image)

whiskas 2013-03-05 21:15

cheers for quick reply but still no go mate, like I say I have followed these instructions time and time again but I am never given the 32 bit mode option, looking at your thumbnail the box I get is exactly the same with the lock square and everything but definitely no 32 bit button like the one in your thumbnail, and I followed your instructions to the letter.

BonezMcCoy 2013-03-05 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskas (Post 1250450)
cheers for quick reply but still no go mate, like I say I have followed these instructions time and time again but I am never given the 32 bit mode option, looking at your thumbnail the box I get is exactly the same with the lock square and everything but definitely no 32 bit button like the one in your thumbnail, and I followed your instructions to the letter.

Maybe you are not running Reason 6 or above, in which case Reason is only 32bit, hence no option box, and it is Logic that must be run in 32bit?

whiskas 2013-03-06 14:51

ahh shame I thought I had finally found out why my Reason will not load, yes you are right I am running Reason 5.
My problem is a strange one, firstly I am running reason 5 with pro Tools LE 8.05 on an imac running OSX Lion 10.7.5
I was running Reason 3 then upgraded to 3,5 when I was told 3 will not run on Lion, but then 3.5 also did not run on lion it would either crash totally and give me the spiny beach ball thing or give me the error message about rewire failing to install because of a locked file...I was then told there were driver clashes with 3.5 and pro tools 8 so i bought an upgrade tp reason 5 with exactly the same problem, so when I saw the ting about running in 32 bit I though woo hoo thats what it is, sadly not,
I was then told it was a driver clash with pro tools drivers and to remove the pro tools and then great Reason loaded but of course Pro Tools did not, I then put the driver back into the folder still to find pro tools would not load, so I had to do a complete re install of pro tools 8 then a download and install of 8.05 and phew working again, so I dont know, stuck...and there is no way I am deleting any pro tools drivers again, I need pro tools more than I need reason, the thing is I though pro tools and reason were very happy to work with each other , why oh why do manufacturers keep bloody changing things and stopping things from working, at least make sure it is compatible before you release stuff, so I now have a version of reason 3 and reason 5 both of which will not work, great.

BonezMcCoy 2013-03-06 16:13

Hope you sort that out, it is a bit confusing, especially since we were talking about running R6.5 and Logic. I'd contact support here AND over at Avid to try to sort out the problem.