Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Three Sampling q's?? Re: sampling from vinyl and sampling from .mp3's (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174492)

kman6240 2013-01-14 23:21

Three Sampling q's?? Re: sampling from vinyl and sampling from .mp3's

Good Day:

I have 3 q's today regarding sampling on reason:

1) Do I need recycle to sample vinyl record, and chop in to multiple parts to then load on to mpd32, or can I do so using the many samplers already built in reason?

2) How do I sample an .mp3 that I drop in from itunes/self-recorded?
3) Lastly: What is the best way to chop a sample, assign and use chops on my mpd32 pads?

Thx so much in advance for taking the time to help out new user!!!

reasoner498 2013-01-14 23:28

Which version of Reason?

carlgrace 2013-01-14 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman6240 (Post 1219086)
Good Day:

1) Do I need recycle to sample vinyl record, and chop in to multiple parts to then load on to mpd32, or can I do so using the many samplers already built in reason?

3) Lastly: What is the best way to chop a sample, assign and use chops on my mpd32 pads?

1. Nope you don't need recycle. Just record the vinyl to an audio track, chop it up, and export the clips, then load them to separate keys and assign to the mpd32.

2. iTunes can make a WAV file of the mp3 you can import into Reason. Then follow #1.

3. It's probably easiest to record an audio track, then chop it up the way you want it. Then save every clip to it's own WAV file in some folder. Next, load up an NN-19 or NN-XT and assign the WAVs to whatever keys correspond to the pads on the MPD32. Then you're golden.

jlgrimes 2013-01-15 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman6240 (Post 1219086)
Good Day:

1. Recycle doesn't record anything. It's main purposes is to chop wav/aiff files for re sequencing, effecting different chops, changing tempo, or getting groove out of sample, or even calculating the tempo of loop.

2. Some sort of mp3 to wav converter. iTunes actually can do it even. Another alternative is to use something like soundflower or total record to record your computer audio to a wav file Reason can read.

3. Recycle would probably be the quickest way to chop samples. From then you can use the Dr. OctoRex, NNXT, Or Kong to assign your slices so your pads can play them.