Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   why change the SSL mixer when you can add a new one to Reason? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174633)

lemec 2013-01-17 13:09

why change the SSL mixer when you can add a new one to Reason?

Maybe for the the bus mix ;)

http://www.sonicscoop.com/site/wp-co..._TOP_large.jpg

Smedberg 2013-01-17 14:05

Picture is too small to actually see anything.
You got a high res?

lemec 2013-01-17 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedberg (Post 1220954)
Picture is too small to actually see anything.
You got a high res?

ehm... It was the smallest that I found :)

WestAm 2013-01-18 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinzio (Post 1220934)

Yeah great.............only $4,000.00. Come on man get real. Sure it's a great piece of gear but reason doesn't warrant spending that additional amount. They could just re-work the 9000 thats in there now for pennies.

CHAZM 2013-01-19 04:14

How about a choice of the current SSL G or a Neve, Harrison, Focusrite or other. we could purchase the additional consoles in the shop.

WestAm 2013-01-19 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAZM (Post 1222316)
How about a choice of the current SSL G or a Neve, Harrison, Focusrite or other. we could purchase the additional consoles in the shop.

this is a great idea!

VillaNDubstep 2013-01-20 11:45

Quote:

I quite like that idea, not sure if i'd switch from the current one but it gives people choice. Depends how much they'd charge for additional consoles though

chou 2013-01-20 11:57

Quote:

even if it seems a great idea I'm not sure I would want another console mixer,

why ?

good emulation are CPU intensive, and the mixer inside reason is more about emulating the functions than emulating the sound of a SSL console,

don't get me wrong, I love it, it does what it is intended to do, but clearly It doesn't have the "punchy" effect a true SSL console has,

so what bring another neve or harrison console ?

less functionality with the exact same neutral sound to keep CPU usage low,

instead of that to be able to put RE inside the insert of the console is the best compromise IMHO.

More RE from softube, fx pansion ... is perhaps a better solution to add some famous tools as emulation

Djjimmyc 2013-01-20 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by chou (Post 1222900)
even if it seems a great idea I'm not sure I would want another console mixer,

why ?

good emulation are CPU intensive, and the mixer inside reason is more about emulating the functions than emulating the sound of a SSL console,

don't get me wrong, I love it, it does what it is intended to do, but clearly It doesn't have the "punchy" effect a true SSL console has,

so what bring another neve or harrison console ?

less functionality with the exact same neutral sound to keep CPU usage low,

instead of that to be able to put RE inside the insert of the console is the best compromise IMHO.

More RE from softube, fx pansion ... is perhaps a better solution to add some famous tools as emulation

Would be nice to have the choice though i think.

Perhaps it could be possible for the desk to be made modular in that you could pick perhaps the input from a neve desk, eq from a harrison and comp/dynamics from an API?
Or you could simply pick the 'neutral' modules to keep CPU low

timmybuk2 2013-02-02 02:21

Quote:

+1 to that