Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I don't even know how to title this problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=174996)

Krillah 2013-01-23 12:43

I don't even know how to title this problem

Recently I had to replace the hard drive on my computer and restore my computer to factory settings. Before this happened I had Balance working, Reason 6.5 working, Reason Essentials working. Everything was just fine.

I have Balance, I have an ignition key, I have a disc of Reason Essentials, I have a disc of Reason 6.5. I have an account. I have my products registered. Why can't I get any of these things to work? Why does it seem so complicated to get my expensive expensive software and hardware to work? I am not new to computers, I am not new to the software, I have set this up before. Why can't I get any of these things to work?

I would like to be walked through the entire process from start to finish.Take it nice and slow, please.

koma7 2013-01-23 12:47

Because.. you just replaced your hard drive and restored your computer to factory settings?

I'm sorry but you're not really giving us much to work on here ;)

How is it not working anymore, what is the problem? Problems installing? Opening? Registering? Balance problem.

If you've recently wiped your computer, then all you should have to do is download Reason from this website and enter your ignition key, if it's not authorising then you have a problem with authorisation and should contact support who will be able to help you, otherwise what exactly is the problem?

Krillah 2013-01-23 12:54

Ok, download Reason from the website, and stick my ignition key into a usb slot and that's the step by step?

I'm going to do exactly that and let you know how it goes.

koma7 2013-01-23 12:56

It should really be as simple as that (fingers crossed).
Make sure you download Reason with the soundbanks.

If you have a reason 6 CD you could just stick it in and install, but then you would need to download the update from this site anyway for 6.5 so it's best to just download it from here.

Krillah 2013-01-23 12:58

Ok, now I have a reason zip file in my downloads folder and when I put my ignition drive into a usb slot nothing happens.

koma7 2013-01-23 13:10

Open the Reason zip folder and then you should see a setup or install file in that folder, open this and then it will open the installer, from what i remember all you need to do then is choose where to install reason to (best to just leave that option as it is, generally just installs to c/program files/propellerhead). This will install reason, once it's complete it will let you know and you will see a reason icon now on your desktop. You should be good to go then.

To be sure, once you've installed reason, go to where you installed it (c/program files/propellerhead/reason) and make sure that the factory sound banks and okestra refill are in there. If they are not then go back to the zip folder you downloaded and they should be in there, just copy them over to your reason folder.

Krillah 2013-01-23 13:15

Alright, so follow these steps and leave Balance out of the equation for now, unplugged until I am done?

Dave909 2013-01-23 13:21

I would say so. Does Balance come with a driver installer or can these only be installed thru Essentials? Reason has everything it needs for the IK but if you use Balance you can use that as an IK instead. Freeing one USB port :)

Smedberg 2013-01-23 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krillah (Post 1224778)
Alright, so follow these steps and leave Balance out of the equation for now, unplugged until I am done?

https://www.propellerheads.se/downlo...alance-drivers

Krillah 2013-01-23 13:25

I never received a driver installer with Balance, only Reason Essentials. I would rather not have Reason Essentials on my computer, because I have Reason and I would rather not have to use the IK, I would rather use balance. This is where it get complicated, confusing and I cant seem to get anything to work.