Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rack only please (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175079)

therayman 2013-01-24 20:40

Rack only please

I love the sound of Reason but hate the big mixer. It's way to clumsy and takes up far too much real estate. Mixes made with it sound very so so and not up to the normal Reason standard. I would love to just get rid of it altogether... I still use version 5 when ever I can. A cut down Reason version with JUST the rack and sequencer please.

Dave909 2013-01-24 21:08

The mixer doesn't take up any real estate as it's in it's own screen and the mixing is a giant leap forward compared to the old Reason mixer. You must have been hearing mixes from people not able to mix properly :)

Mate 2013-01-24 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1225746)
The mixer doesn't take up any real estate as it's in it's own screen and the mixing is a giant leap forward compared to the old Reason mixer. You must have been hearing mixes from people not able to mix properly :)

I'd say more, people who can't mix properly now can mix with the SSL & it'll be sounding cool anyway! :)

QVprod 2013-01-25 04:12

You don't have to use the ssl if you don't want to. Just Create a 14:2 mixer, plug it through a mastering combinator into the outputs. and Use it just like you did with the earlier reason versions

Djjimmyc 2013-01-25 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by QVprod (Post 1226012)
You don't have to use the ssl if you don't want to. Just Create a 14:2 mixer, plug it through a mastering combinator into the outputs. and Use it just like you did with the earlier reason versions

This exactly.

I don't use the SSL for full mixes because of the inability to make groups.

I still use the 14:2 as a group mixer then the SSL to mix the groups. Simple

dub08 2013-01-25 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by therayman (Post 1225721)
I love the sound of Reason but hate the big mixer. It's way to clumsy and takes up far too much real estate. Mixes made with it sound very so so and not up to the normal Reason standard. I would love to just get rid of it altogether... I still use version 5 when ever I can. A cut down Reason version with JUST the rack and sequencer please.

You mean YOUR mixes? Because everyone else's seem to do better...
Just use F6 and F7 ...Not F5 :) The mixer isn't going anywhere.

mrbritt 2013-01-26 19:19

Where more is needed, but less can help...

Get a second screen and detach the mixer and you should have a better outcome; however, I do believe the SSL needs a 8-buss station mixer added for final mixing. Again one could make a combinator to create such a device, but in my opinion it needs to be a standard feature.

The beauty of adding a second screen is you can stroll around to get to everything. Depending on ones skill level you also have to know the SSL, which can take some time getting down to a science, but having the second monitor I find helped a lot...