Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 7!!!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175214)

BEATBIZNESS 2013-01-27 17:27

Reason 7!!!!
 
7 needs to improve overall workflow... I mean really Propeller head. I love Reason im hooked... But things like making a simple snare and pitch roll takes an act of congress lol. You should be able to hit and hold for a note repeat and work the pitch on ur midi controller etc. All this step by step by yet another step (lol) takes away from the creative workflow. Also they need to open up to more plug-ins. Other then that reason is dope.. thoughts ?

rVOLT 2013-01-27 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEATBIZNESS (Post 1227393)
7 needs to improve overall workflow... I mean really Propeller head. I love Reason im hooked... But things like making a simple snare and pitch roll takes an act of congress lol. You should be able to hit and hold for a note repeat and work the pitch on ur midi controller etc. All this step by step by yet another step (lol) takes away from the creative workflow. Also they need to open up to more plug-ins. Other then that reason is dope.. thoughts ?

You must be new to the program ?

Edit: Removed how to do it... Eh, I thought about it and decided not to share. =) lol

BEATBIZNESS 2013-01-27 17:55

Yes I am lol

SoerGl 2013-01-27 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvolt (Post 1227396)
You must be new to the program ?

Edit: Removed how to do it... Eh, I thought about it and decided not to share. =) lol

if new or advanced reason user: i do not get tired to say that we all need workflow improvement! midi/audio/automation!

named 2013-01-28 03:47

I'm a broken record but, MIDI OUT!!!!!

SteveDiverse 2013-01-28 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by named (Post 1227667)
I'm a broken record but, MIDI OUT!!!!!

Check out the back of the (new) Korg MS-20 mini
http://blog.wired.it/otakunews/files...-mini-back.jpg

oh look! it's MIDI IN with no MIDI OUT :)

BonezMcCoy 2013-01-28 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1227672)
Check out the back of the (new) Korg MS-20 mini
http://blog.wired.it/otakunews/files...-mini-back.jpg

oh look! it's MIDI IN with no MIDI OUT :)

Exactly! so you can use your DAW to control it. Normal, innit? ;)

vanKloot 2013-01-28 07:32

I don't believe I've ever chimed in on the lack of MIDI Out in Reason, but today appears to be the day.

Sound modules wouldn't be expected to have a MIDI out in most cases these days. Go back 20 years and Out usually doubled as a Thru so you could daisy-chain instruments, and also so you could do SysEx dumps of settings, patches, etc. But mostly MIDI Out makes sense on a controller, or a sequencer. Since Reason is in fact a sequencer, and is obviously intended to be the "Master Control" of your (virtual) studio, I would have to say that a lack of MIDI Out seems pretty absurd.

Seriously Props, how many users have you lost or will you lose, by not adding what I would think would be a pretty simple feature. MIDI is obviously already supported in OSX and Windows, and by adding MIDI Out you can *only* stand to gain significant market share, since those users who still rely on outboard MIDI gear will be able to make Reason their software ecosystem.

It does seem that the Props are dead-set against MIDI Out for whatever reason, so I'm certainly not going to base any decisions on what I use/don't use on that feature alone. I know Reason does not have MIDI Out, and if that becomes an unbearable issue for me then I'll have to consider my options - all of which would at a minimum require me to abandon Reason as my sequencer and primary mix environment, and at a maximum would mean abandoning Reason entirely (not something I see myself doing but hey, never say never!)

dvdrtldg 2013-01-28 08:42

Midi out will definitely be included in Reason 7.

But first they're going to do Reason 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 etc

Then they'll do 6.9, 6.91, 6.92, 6.93, 6.94 etc

Then 6.991, 6.992, 6.993 etc

Don't hold your breath guys

OMOMs 2013-01-28 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdrtldg (Post 1227719)
Midi out will definitely be included in Reason 7.

But first they're going to do Reason 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 etc

Then they'll do 6.9, 6.91, 6.92, 6.93, 6.94 etc

Then 6.991, 6.992, 6.993 etc

Don't hold your breath guys

what gives you that impression?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:46.