Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Uroboros (downtempo breakbeat) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175261)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-01-28 17:20

Uroboros (downtempo breakbeat)
 
http://db.tt/hxsBel4q

Afraid this is download only until I upgrade my soundcloud account. I promise it's worth it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

*edit* Uploaded on soundcloud now with improved mastering.

Loading SoundCloud…

Mate 2013-01-28 17:48

Alex, it's the sick track, love the 303 sequences & overall track is great!

hamst3rf1sh 2013-01-28 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1227940)
Alex, it's the sick track, love the 303 sequences & overall track is great!

Cheers mate, I really appreciate your words.

moofi 2013-01-29 06:42

well done, like it :)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-01-29 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by moofi (Post 1228309)
well done, like it :)

Thanks a lot

standbyghost 2013-01-29 17:27

Good Sound...
 
I like the production on the strings... A lot... On the side of constructive criticism, I would say maybe bring the compression of the track down a bit by slowing down the attack and release a bit. It sounded like there was too much 'pumping' for the vibe of the instrumentation. Just a VERY LITTLE too much. Subtle. I also really like the clap/snare sound!!

hamst3rf1sh 2013-01-29 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by standbyghost (Post 1228510)
I like the production on the strings... A lot... On the side of constructive criticism, I would say maybe bring the compression of the track down a bit by slowing down the attack and release a bit. It sounded like there was too much 'pumping' for the vibe of the instrumentation. Just a VERY LITTLE too much. Subtle. I also really like the clap/snare sound!!

Cheers for the feedback. I tend to agree with you re the compression. I've actually already bought down the volume of the mix a bit and eased up on the compression since uploading this.

It's always a case of two warring voices in my head fighting between trying to make things louder and making them sit right. I should probably pay less attention to the voice that shouts "LOUDER, make it LOUDER", it never seems like that voice has any supporting statements to back up its argument.

hamst3rf1sh 2013-01-30 13:07

Uploaded on soundcloud now with improved mastering.

Loading SoundCloud…

deepndark 2013-01-30 14:31

Yeah, a great tune - this tune really made me listen and you're right, it was worth it. :)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-01-30 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirnikas (Post 1228939)
Yeah, a great tune - this tune really made me listen and you're right, it was worth it. :)

Thanks pirnikas!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:50.