Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MP3 - Recylce (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175299)

adnanbelushi 2013-01-29 10:56

MP3 - Recylce

Why can't I cop mp3 files in Recylce?

BonezMcCoy 2013-01-29 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by adnanbelushi (Post 1228366)
Why can't I cop mp3 files in Recylce?

MP3 cannot be chopped in any program as far as I know. Other programs will convert MP3 to .wav or .aiff, for example, before allowing you to edit the file. Simply convert the files to a compatible format before importing them into ReCycle, you can use iTunes for that if you like.

SidMercutio 2013-01-29 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1228374)
MP3 cannot be chopped in any program as far as I know. Other programs will convert MP3 to .wav or .aiff, for example, before allowing you to edit the file. Simply convert the files to a compatible format before importing them into ReCycle, you can use iTunes for that if you like.

What he said ^^^^^

slipamickey 2013-01-29 16:20

Audacity- free- works great for this. Allows you to open mp3, chop out area of loop you want to work with, then export as .wav and open in Recycle to process as edited loop. Personally, I find it a little easier than converting from iTunes and opening entire song in Recycle. Audacity has some other nice features that can be used to pre-process loop material before working with it in Recycle.

BoddAH 2013-01-29 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy (Post 1228374)

BTW is there any way of using iTunes to convert audio files from one format to another without having to deal with all that *automatically add that 3 second REX snipped to your music library*, *good luck finding your audio file in your 30 GB iTunes Media folder*, *change the default import settings of your media player just to quickly convert à couple of files* etc. crap.

I have considered getting Quicktime Pro (good alternatives are welcome) just so I don't have to deal with iTunes anymore for converting audio files. It DOES work but it's incredibly clunky unless I'm missing some awesome hidden feature.

I just want a small (free or cheap) program to convert my audio files and save them on my desktop or where I want. Preferably stable and somewhat intuitive/professional looking. Something kind of like HandBrake but for audio.

BonezMcCoy 2013-01-29 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoddAH (Post 1228541)
BTW is there any way of using iTunes to convert audio files from one format to another without having to deal with all that *automatically add that 3 second REX snipped to your music library*, *good luck finding your audio file in your 30 GB iTunes Media folder*, *change the default import settings of your media player just to quickly convert à couple of files* etc. crap.

I have considered getting Quicktime Pro (good alternatives are welcome) just so I don't have to deal with iTunes anymore for converting audio files. It DOES work but it's incredibly clunky unless I'm missing some awesome hidden feature.

I just want a small (free or cheap) program to convert my audio files and save them on my desktop or where I want. Preferably stable and somewhat intuitive/professional looking. Something kind of like HandBrake but for audio.

Audacity, as mentioned above by slipamickey.

EricBom 2013-01-29 19:45

Remember that Audacity doesn't come standard with converting to MP3.
You have to download the Lame dll file first in order to convert in Audacity!

But luckily Audacity directs you to the place where you can download the file. :)

Dave909 2013-01-29 19:51

I use WinLAME to convert to Mp3 if i need it (seldom). Saves the Mp3 in the same folder as the Wav which is pretty useful and saves a few clicks :)

http://winlame.sourceforge.net/scree...nput-thumb.jpg