Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Autoarp and PredatorRe (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175311)

Double47 2013-01-29 16:01

Autoarp and PredatorRe
 
Autoarp and PredatorRe not function correctly.
Many patches its like you press hold... or a very very long release...

(sorry my English is very bad :D)

EnochLight 2013-01-29 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double47 (Post 1228473)
Autoarp and PredatorRe not function correctly.
Many patches its like you press hold... or a very very long release...

(sorry my English is very bad :D)

Care to share some song files and demonstrate what you're experiencing? Predator RE and AutoArp seem to work fine for me.

Double47 2013-01-30 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnochLight (Post 1228496)
Care to share some song files and demonstrate what you're experiencing? Predator RE and AutoArp seem to work fine for me.

thank you for the quick response. :)
I can not demonstrate it on a song. But i try to explain it.
After I connected Predator and Autoarp via gate and cv.
When I press a key on my keyboard and immediately let go. The sound dont stop. Not all sounds on predator do like that, but the first and many ather sounds... and only in predator.

Ambientdave 2013-01-30 02:07

Hello
Im a newcomer to the Autoarp and trying out Predator

I could be wrong,but some of Predators patch's uses its own arpeggiator.So that could be the reason the Autoarp doesn't stop playing when you release a key.As the device is trying to send CV (control voltage) signals back into Predator,and vice versa

Have you connected Autoarp via the main cv and gate out,and not the sequencer?
hope this helps

EnochLight 2013-01-30 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double47 (Post 1228738)
thank you for the quick response. :)
I can not demonstrate it on a song. But i try to explain it.
After I connected Predator and Autoarp via gate and cv.
When I press a key on my keyboard and immediately let go. The sound dont stop. Not all sounds on predator do like that, but the first and many ather sounds... and only in predator.

As TheGardener mentioned, many of Predator's patches (including the initial patch) uses Predator's own arp/sequencer. If you're trying to use AutoArp with a patch that is already sequenced and/or arppegiated, you're going to end up with what you describe.

BTW - everything you do in Reason can be recorded into Reason's own sequencer.. and saved as a song. :)

chrisevry 2013-01-30 13:37

I spoke to Brian at Black & Orange (who make AutoArp) and this is due to the Rob Papen guys not following the instruction laid down in the SDK (software development kit) for Rack Extensions. Hence the input on the gate and CV input isn't the same as the normal Propellerheads synths (Thor etc). It seems that Rob Papen implemented their own unique behaviour and Propellerheads did not enforce the standard oulined in the SDK.

The best thing to do is to email Rob Papen to fix this issue. I have already done this and, considering they are pretty upstanding guys, hopefully an update will be forthcoming.

There is a workaround - you can put Predator inside a Combinator and attach the CV and Gate outputs from AutoArp into the respective inputs on the Combinator. You will need to create a seperate sequencer for the AutoArp in Reason for it to receive MIDI info. Equally dont put the AutoArp actually inside the combinator or an endless feedback loop will be created.

Hope this helps.

Ambientdave 2013-01-30 15:27

Nice one chrisevry!!

That made a good read!Rob Papen not following the instruction in the SDK, bit weird,lol

alternating.bit 2013-01-30 18:15

Nicely done, chrisevry.

Double47 2013-02-01 10:55

Thank you, i was at work and now i read the solution... :D
Yeahh it works :D
Thank you all for help... :D

Ambientdave 2013-02-01 11:50

your welcome Double47!!

A quick but effective solution ( till a proper fix is found) lol


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:56.