Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does props really care about our wants? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175330)

snuup408 2013-01-30 02:22

Does props really care about our wants?

This is a just a open ended question. I routinely come and check out the forums and see if there any changes in our wants. Seems to be the same wants ive been reading and asking for the last few years. really no changes. Ya know...punch in out, markers, groups etc. ya know simple every day stuff. Instead we get more and more sounds and addons that sound great but not the deep core simple stuff like spectral anylzer, midi out etc And the imfamous ios device that is great to some and wack to others. Wack to me...lol but thats just my opinion. I though we begged for reason on ios or some form of it..lol..Which leads to my question. Does props really care about our wants? Im sure there would be more money to be made if they added what we really really wanted instead of what they think we want. or what they want. Like i wrote in the forum a while back. I got a email from them saying Give us your feedback on how we can improve our product....Duh ...look at the forum for the last few years...lol...and like i always say..i know i know if i dont like the program i can not use it or dont buy it. but i did.. And no im not bashing it. Just an observation and a opinion that can be taken or not...how hard is it to impliment the simple things into the program anyway? lol just my half a cent of venting observation....Currently using Beatmaker 2 with my own sounds imported..Niiiice and Presonus studio one v2. (which is self explanitory).....would love to just use props but they are being left behind...even a $20 ios beatmaker imports mp3 or wave from my library and chops up samples, spreads on keyboard with mapping or spreads over 16 pads, adds layers, note repeats etc. easy decision....okay long enough...ill leave now

SNB1 2013-01-30 03:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuup408 (Post 1228756)
This is a just a open ended question. I routinely come and check out the forums and see if there any changes in our wants. Seems to be the same wants ive been reading and asking for the last few years. really no changes. Ya know...punch in out, markers, groups etc. ya know simple every day stuff. Instead we get more and more sounds and addons that sound great but not the deep core simple stuff like spectral anylzer, midi out etc And the imfamous ios device that is great to some and wack to others. Wack to me...lol but thats just my opinion. I though we begged for reason on ios or some form of it..lol..Which leads to my question. Does props really care about our wants? Im sure there would be more money to be made if they added what we really really wanted instead of what they think we want. or what they want. Like i wrote in the forum a while back. I got a email from them saying Give us your feedback on how we can improve our product....Duh ...look at the forum for the last few years...lol...and like i always say..i know i know if i dont like the program i can not use it or dont buy it. but i did.. And no im not bashing it. Just an observation and a opinion that can be taken or not...how hard is it to impliment the simple things into the program anyway? lol just my half a cent of venting observation....Currently using Beatmaker 2 with my own sounds imported..Niiiice and Presonus studio one v2. (which is self explanitory).....would love to just use props but they are being left behind...even a $20 ios beatmaker imports mp3 or wave from my library and chops up samples, spreads on keyboard with mapping or spreads over 16 pads, adds layers, note repeats etc. easy decision....okay long enough...ill leave now

I think they care, but maybe they just isn't moving fast enough. I know I care about what I want and if I don't receive it, like anybody else, Im just gone move to another software. I have a knack for learning new software quickly so it wouldn't be a problem for me. I just want to stick to reason and just have the feature that I "need". Looking at other software, no names,but they have the feature I need and other feature that I think would be very useful in my production workflow. One of them could of been inside of reason already if they had less restrictions with the SDK. But overall, Reason has came along way and don't have that much to go. Customers are always right.

Benedict 2013-01-30 10:53

Of course they care. They make their living from giving real customers a better life. Sadly for some of us what the designers deem of most interest is not exactly what we think we want right now. That said I didn't think I wanted an Alligater but I'm not unhappy I have one now.

A business has to look at the big picture and make assumptions and commit to a long game. So far Props long game is a hair off immaculate as their product is the best in its chosen arena.

I often feel that the real question being asked in these threads is do they care about you personally, like what you had for dinner and that your wife hates your cooking? Not at all and nor should they. That would simply be a waste of their time which would guarantee a poorer life enhancement for the target market.

If it offends you that you aren't the target market then I guess the issue is yours to investigate.

Customers are NOT always right. That is a damaging fallacy for all involved. You have the right to set your modus operandi and that should be defended so why should another person/entity/business not have the same rights? If Props came to your door and started making demands about how you lived your life it would be considered improper. You would simply tell them to but out.

Props didn't do that to you, they asked what would make you happy and then put that into their plan collation process. Even tho they made RE I bet there is still a file called VST with ideas for and against.

This is not a personal attack but a response to all the threads like this that start and have no place in this Forum (or I think even world). If you have requests then pop them in the Feature Request bin and move along without this narcissistic foot stamping

:)

BoddAH 2013-01-30 11:13

There's two kind of companies in this world:
  1. Companies who give its consumers what they want.
  2. Companies who do their thing and give their customers what they believe they may want/need.

The first category are most "classic", conservative companies. They keep their consumers happy by abiding to (some) of their (reasonable) requests and not doing much else.

Then there's innovative and creative companies like Propellerhead.

Did people ask for a sequencer based on a virtual rack with virtual patch cables when Reason 1 came out?
Hello no! But we still got it and now we have an intuitive and fun alternative to Logic, Cubase and other boring DAWs.

Did people ask for REs before they were announced?
Hell no! They asked for VST support. But instead of a shit-fest of unstable, crashing, incompatible plug-ins with poor MIDI implementation we preserved the rock-solid stability of Reason with seamlessly integrated Devices that work like any other native Reason Device.

Did people ask for touch-screen smartphones (iPhone), tablets, MIDI, airbags, windshield-wipers, telephones or lightbulbs?

The answer is NO. But some people still said fuck it and did it anyway. They ignored the people asking them to do what they were expected to do at work and took the initiative to do what they felt would be be useful and everyone is glad they did.

Propellerhead has always been a maverick kind of company. They do their thing and dedicate they resources to what THEY think is best. Not to what people ask them to. There's enough "classic" and predictable DAW alternatives out there that follow the standard market evolution.

I like the fact that Reason thinks out of the box and experiments with new ideas all the time.

reason2dance 2013-01-30 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuup408 (Post 1228756)
Does props really care about our wants?

Do you care about paragraphs? This way your text is hard to read, seriously ...

PsyTale 2013-01-30 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by reason2dance (Post 1228878)
Do you care about paragraphs? This way your text is hard to read, seriously ...

Its probably written on a mobile device. It tends to be a hassle to makeup text like this.

On topic
I think the props listen really well what we want, we asked for VST support for years, so plugs became possible. Now we have RE's a better solution if you ask me.

The only thing i think is that the props take their time to really work things out. And thats how it is.

I hope they redo the sequencer in reason 7 or 8, and make it a sequencer that gives the composer options such as chord progressions, arpeggios (in midi notation (no not copy notes to track), scales and things like midi reverse and support for ghost lanes. Maybe they will make an even better solution who knows!

hollownation 2013-01-30 14:18

a couple of note's they have stated in the past that they will not implement midi out there also never going to do mp3 import due to it's inferiour quality and personally I find it quite easy to chop samples in reason besides audio is still relativly new to reason and I would imagine better audio editing is on the way but they can't do every thing at once

also don't understand everyone's obsesion with spektrum analysers

peace out

koma7 2013-01-30 15:22

Care? I bet they have people out there right now abducting the non-believers and non-Followers of Reason whilst management are all perched around a large stone table feasting on bloodied empty corpses of all those who oppose Reason.

Every time a thread like this is made they instantly sniff it out, spasming in convulsions of hunger and hatred, and screech high pitched shrill droney shrieks and shatter out of the Propellerhead caves to hunt down non-believers.

jkheal 2013-01-30 15:27

I can imagine that one of Propellerhead's biggest concerns now is, "What the heck are we going to add in the next version that some RE jamoke isn't going to beat us to the punch with?!?"

dvdrtldg 2013-01-30 20:54

Propellerhead do not care. They read your requests for VST support & midi out, throw their heads back and laugh. It's a cold, indifferent universe. There is no Santa Claus. The electoral system is rigged. Diet Coke has exactly the same sugar content as regular Coke. You're adopted.