Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   unintended parameter automation problems (reason has a mind of its own) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175394)

sqkblue 2013-01-31 01:13

unintended parameter automation problems (reason has a mind of its own)

Hey does anyone have any issues with parameter automations occurring on their own without the user's control? I've been having this issue a lot lately, but only when a midi controller is connected to the software. However, the particular midi controller doesn't seem to be the culprit because I've tried other controllers and the same unintended automations occurred.

jkheal 2013-01-31 01:54

Maybe one the shift keys on you keyboard is a little flaky?

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-31 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkheal (Post 1229445)
Maybe one the shift keys on you keyboard is a little flaky?

Is that on mac? I know on windows it's alt-click that creates a new automation lane.

jkheal 2013-01-31 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1229480)
Is that on mac? I know on windows it's alt-click that creates a new automation lane.

I'm on Windows, and if (in record mode) I hold down the shift key while moving a device knob with the mouse, Reason records animation for the knob. So I was thinking that maybe sqkblue's keyboard had a sticky shift key that was inadvertently stuck in the ON postion sometimes, leading to ghostly animation.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-31 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkheal (Post 1229498)
I'm on Windows, and if (in record mode) I hold down the shift key while moving a device knob with the mouse, Reason records animation for the knob. So I was thinking that maybe sqkblue's keyboard had a sticky shift key that was inadvertently stuck in the ON postion sometimes, leading to ghostly animation.

Oh I actually don't think you have to hold shift for that :D

SteveDiverse 2013-01-31 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkheal (Post 1229498)
Reason 6.5.3 • A computer • Other stuff • Virtually no talent and/or skill

lol. just noticed your sig. brilliant! ;-)

jkheal 2013-01-31 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound (Post 1229503)
Oh I actually don't think you have to hold shift for that :D

Uhh ... OK, I see that now (embarrassed emoticon which I don't know how to make.)

What's the point of the Alt-Click, then, if simply moving a knob while recording will create the animation lane anyway?

craven 2013-01-31 14:01

with the alt-click you can create an automation lane in the sequencer and start drawing automation with your mouse. I use it quite often if I know already how the automation shall look like. Both ways are fine though.

jkheal 2013-01-31 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by craven (Post 1229697)
with the alt-click you can create an automation lane in the sequencer and start drawing automation with your mouse. I use it quite often if I know already how the automation shall look like. Both ways are fine though.

OK. Makes sense.

3rdFloorSound 2013-01-31 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkheal (Post 1229646)
Uhh ... OK, I see that now (embarrassed emoticon which I don't know how to make.)

:D it's a colon and lower-case "o" :o