Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Voice Of Reason [Drum & Bass] (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175553)

Mate 2013-02-02 22:12

The Voice Of Reason [Drum & Bass]

Hi guys, I'm on fire I suppose, please give it a shot, sick track I ever made I think! :)

Can't stop the replay! :D

Loading SoundCloud…

luegenbold 2013-02-03 00:14

Well, nice track, but: After a good start, its getting a bit repetitive and kinda boring. In the End, the drums are not loud enough and the bass ist missing low End.
Add a subbass, some more punch to the drums and some heavier breaks, giving your track more dynamics....
keep on

.j

AnthonyMichaelAngelo 2013-02-03 02:39

I'm all for DnB. A powerful vocal sample as such might want to deliver the hard DnB or Jump Up vibe. Bring the BIG GUN SOUND!

rVOLT 2013-02-03 05:36

This is just kinda boring for me. Fiyaaaaaaa

deepndark 2013-02-03 08:26

I don't agree with rvolt - this isn't boring - it's a cool tune - the bassline and synths are interesting and you've done great work with the vocals.

Mate 2013-02-03 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by luegenbold (Post 1231056)
Well, nice track, but: After a good start, its getting a bit repetitive and kinda boring. In the End, the drums are not loud enough and the bass ist missing low End.
Add a subbass, some more punch to the drums and some heavier breaks, giving your track more dynamics....
keep on

.j

Thanks, yeah I concur, mixing is kinda bad, but come on, repetitive, a lot of D&B even more repetitive! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMichaelAngelo (Post 1231100)
I'm all for DnB. A powerful vocal sample as such might want to deliver the hard DnB or Jump Up vibe. Bring the BIG GUN SOUND!

In the future! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirnikas (Post 1231208)
I don't agree with rvolt - this isn't boring - it's a cool tune - the bassline and synths are interesting and you've done great work with the vocals.

Thanks a lot Heikki, I'm very glad that you like it!

dub08 2013-02-03 14:26

The title seems familiar.... ;)

Mate 2013-02-03 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub08 (Post 1231292)
The title seems familiar.... ;)

:D

Hey indeed, dunno why guys think it's boring, it's exactly kinda mushroom-pilly nasty club D&B! :D

luegenbold 2013-02-03 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1231263)
Thanks, yeah I concur, mixing is kinda bad, but come on, repetitive, a lot of D&B even more repetitive! :D

Agreed, but a track is not good because others are worse! And regarding repetetive; I'm just talking about small breaks and fills to liven it up. Chop it up here and then, repeat the snare, just light alterations.
just saying ;-)
.j

Mate 2013-02-03 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by luegenbold (Post 1231315)
Agreed, but a track is not good because others are worse! And regarding repetetive; I'm just talking about small breaks and fills to liven it up. Chop it up here and then, repeat the snare, just light alterations.
just saying ;-)
.j

Ok, I got it, maybe I'll do! :)