Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Chopping Samples (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175569)

moneyMAN1 2013-02-03 09:08

Chopping Samples

I chop up my samples in Reason 6.5. Why in the hell is PH still selling Recycle for $200plus...LOL. Maybe I'm missing something.

platzangst 2013-02-03 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneyMAN1 (Post 1231220)
I chop up my samples in Reason 6.5. Why in the hell is PH still selling Recycle for $200plus...LOL. Made I'm missing something.

Can you load your chopped-up-in-Reason samples into an OctoRex?

reasoner498 2013-02-03 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by platzangst (Post 1231231)

Considering that you can load them into NN19, NN-XT, Redrum, Kong, and audio tracks, what's the $200 benefit of being able to load them into OctoRex?

LABONERECORDINGS 2013-02-03 11:58

Automatic strings of 'slices' to your keys, plus the ability to dump the original groove from the REX file. Saves doing all by hand (old skool AKAI sample style)

moneyMAN1 2013-02-03 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by reasoner498 (Post 1231249)
Considering that you can load them into NN19, NN-XT, Redrum, Kong, and audio tracks, what's the $200 benefit of being able to load them into OctoRex?

Exacting! I'm a REASON user for life but Recycle should be put in the...well, Recycling bin.

KevWestBeats 2013-02-04 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by platzangst (Post 1231231)

That is a terrible excuse for charging $200. I personally own Recycle and still dgaf about the octorex. would rather use the NNXT.

platzangst 2013-02-04 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWestBeats (Post 1231733)
That is a terrible excuse for charging $200. I personally own Recycle and still dgaf about the octorex. would rather use the NNXT.

It's not an excuse, it's an explanation. Obviously if you don't give a fuck about Rex players, ReCycle is worthless to you. But there are things OctoRex does more efficiently than the NNXT, see Labonerecording's post above.

Frankly, as far as this thread goes, it's kind of stupid to sit around and gripe about the price of something if you can't find a use for it. I've never seen a crowd of people more interested in telling everyone else how they won't be buying or using something as some of the folks in the PH forums.

nhsh 2013-02-04 15:44

But it is interesting, if you work a lot with samples. NN-XT is NN-19 (except for automation options) which is the old Dr Rex (except for copy to track) which is pretty much Redrum (except for pattern sequencer) which is pretty much Kong (on a sampling tip).

The rack and everything is great, but do you ever think hey, I only need one uber sampling instrument, so what's all this ish? :) And then maybe you start sequencing and pitching audio directly in a timeline and think, hey, I don't even need any virtual instruments... [ RABBIT HOLE ]

J.mckinney 2013-02-06 02:26

How are you chopping samples in Reason 6.5 without using Recycle?

Upright 2013-02-06 07:21

Recycle's a great product....but the way it has to be used is antiquated. Props need to cut their losses and integrate Recycle into Reason. This and midi out would be a huge step in the right direction for Reason IMO. :)