Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 6.5.3 compatible with VST plug-ins? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175598)

bigbobbysd 2013-02-03 21:02

Reason 6.5.3 compatible with VST plug-ins?

Wondering if either VST or RTAS plug-ins will run within Reason.
Thanks!

BonezMcCoy 2013-02-03 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbobbysd (Post 1231495)
Wondering if either VST or RTAS plug-ins will run within Reason.
Thanks!

Nope. The only compatible plugin format is Propellerhead's proprietary format Rack Extensions.

bigbobbysd 2013-02-03 22:46

Thanks for your response. That what I thought but wanted to double check.
Peace........

charlycharlzz 2013-02-03 23:44

it still does rewire :D

reasoner498 2013-02-04 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlycharlzz (Post 1231581)

Rewire is a good solution if you want to run your Reason tracks through Ozone or Breverb or what not.

It's not so good if you want to use Kontakt or Alchemy or what not with Reason.

n0ahg 2013-02-04 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by reasoner498 (Post 1231610)
Rewire is a good solution if you want to run your Reason tracks through Ozone or Breverb or what not.

It's not so good if you want to use Kontakt or Alchemy or what not with Reason.

Correct, Reason runs as a Rewire slave not a Rewire master

KevWestBeats 2013-02-04 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlycharlzz (Post 1231581)

I never got how that was the vst solution. Rewire isn't using Reason really its using another DAW then you realize there is other stuff out there that does everything else Reason does and get hooked on it lol.

charlycharlzz 2013-02-04 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevWestBeats (Post 1231730)
I never got how that was the vst solution. Rewire isn't using Reason really its using another DAW then you realize there is other stuff out there that does everything else Reason does and get hooked on it lol.

that is why I aint using it ! :D
I try to transformed myself in a master wizard of the knoledge needed to make pro stuff in reason so doing vst aint going to help me learn faster .
I would love sample tank as a RE because I miss that in reason and I would like the cubase surround pan !
after that : recycle in the box and maybe midi out and no more complain ever froom me again or maybe just for small stuff that are not comming i^n my mind yet :D
it's tru that other daws do more or less the same and also got crazy features but workflows are not equals because you kind of got to make your own presets in Reason wich takes times to make what vst can do in 3 sec by loading a preset .
on the other hand other daws dont bring you to learn all that pro stuff like that , they will teach you how to rule the soft but they aint going to teach you how to make pro presets and neaver are going to show you how to use pro gear like reason do !

J-C.N

ps: Reason is the flight simulator of computer music ! :)

Stereoimagery 2013-02-04 18:19

lol