Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RPG-8 (CV note) input (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175781)

cyclic604b33 2013-02-07 07:03

RPG-8 (CV note) input
 
it is strange that the device has a "cv note out" but no patch cord "cv note in" ...

acultur8.com

cyclic604b33 2013-02-07 07:40

the cv note out does not seem to carry the arp note data

selig 2013-02-07 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclic604b33 (Post 1233407)
it is strange that the device has a "cv note out" but no patch cord "cv note in" ...

acultur8.com

Since CV inputs are monophonic, it would be of little use on an arpeggiator, no? ;-)

selig 2013-02-07 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclic604b33 (Post 1233411)
the cv note out does not seem to carry the arp note data

That's the only output that DOES carry the arp note data in my experience - or am I missing something here? :-)

jengstrom 2013-02-07 16:41

As Selig says, it doesn't really make much sense.

You can do it by placing RPG-8 inside a Combinator, then sending Note+Gate CV to the Combinator, which turns that CV into MIDI and triggers all devices inside the Combi (depending on Receive Notes in the Combi programmer), just like playing the Combinator.

cyclic604b33 2013-02-07 19:38

CV tuning and scale compliancy
 
what if i want to send the arpeggiated notes out of the RPG-8 into a tuner like the CV tuner?

this would give us all notes that correspond to a specific scale ...

also allow us to create an accompaniment using the harmony output of the tuner

selig 2013-02-07 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclic604b33 (Post 1233751)
what if i want to send the arpeggiated notes out of the RPG-8 into a tuner like the CV tuner?

this would give us all notes that correspond to a specific scale ...

also allow us to create an accompaniment using the harmony output of the tuner

If you want to do this, there's nothing stopping you that I can think of! Is it not working for you? :-)

colcifer 2013-02-09 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengstrom (Post 1233652)
As Selig says, it doesn't really make much sense.

You can do it by placing RPG-8 inside a Combinator, then sending Note+Gate CV to the Combinator, which turns that CV into MIDI and triggers all devices inside the Combi (depending on Receive Notes in the Combi programmer), just like playing the Combinator.

So you guys do read this forum! You should post here more.

cyclic604b33 2013-02-09 05:00

the embarrassing part of my mis-understanding is the fact i was triggering only one note at a time ...

duh

holding down two key simultaneously produced the desired result


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:50.