Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Review section for RE's (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175831)

DjVinnie91 2013-02-08 02:16

Review section for RE's

Don't know if posted already.

I would love to see a section where buyers/triers of Rack Extensions can post reviews. It can help others decide what they want to buy.

In this case, it would be handy to -for example- automatically include in the review post whether the reviewer is reviewing a try or a buy version. And if they review it while trying, when they buy it, it will say they've bought it on their previous review of when they were trying it.

colcifer 2013-02-08 05:36

I've been wanting this, myself.

neo101 2013-04-10 13:28

+1 .. and overdue.

VillaNDubstep 2013-04-10 17:14

Never ever ever trust a review

QVprod 2013-04-10 17:29

No I'd say never ever trust a singular review on its own. But reading multiple reviews (by people who know what they are talking about) are quite helpful.

VillaNDubstep 2013-04-10 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by QVprod (Post 1285394)
No I'd say never ever trust a singular review on its own. But reading multiple reviews (by people who know what they are talking about) are quite helpful.

Hmmm I suppose but I never rely on reviews to help me make my decision. The best critic is yourself and only you know wether you'll truly like something.
In fact there are plenty of reviews for current rack extensions on youtube, music radar and other similar sites. They are objective views most of the time so they tell it how it is and you don't just get "Great! I love it"

Wether they add this feature or not at least people are able to read and discuss opinions on new releases over in the user forum.

colcifer 2013-04-10 19:33

I think the problem with written reviews is that someone would have to moderate them and that person would cost money. If the written reviews were unmoderated, it would just a matter of time before some jerk posted "$oundz like 3===========D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!1!" and that would be a turnoff for developers and users alike.

Philup 2013-04-10 19:37

The review section should be limited to users who have purchased and owned the product for 3 months or longer.

Not for people who tried the demo for 10 minutes and didn't like the color scheme/or it crashed when rewiring to a cracked version of Ableton Live.

If I were a developer I would also like an option to opt out of a review in exchange for a developer feedback section.

Mate 2013-04-10 19:39

Better one time to try it than read & watch 10 reviews!

VillaNDubstep 2013-04-11 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by colcifer (Post 1285486)
"$oundz like 3===========D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!1!"

Haha! That made me laugh :D

I agree with mate as well, much better to try it and make up your own mind based on your own experience with whatever RE. Some people rave about certain RE's that I wouldn't rate so highly.