Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2 remixes and an original... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=175904)

JamieRobinson 2013-02-09 13:00

2 remixes and an original...

Hello all,

Last time I posted on these forums i got some good comments on various things I need to improve on, so after a few month, here are three tracks to see if I have improved!!

Loading SoundCloud…

Loading SoundCloud…

Loading SoundCloud…

I have used parallel compression on these tracks as I like the sound that it can produce, what do people think of this technique? I like the sound but i also realize that you can get some pumping and other annoying artifacts if you are not careful...

Any other comments as to the productions really very welcome :)

P.S. the first track (the turo remix) is currently entering a competition; any plays, favorites or comments would obviously help it on its way, thankyou!!! :)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-10 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieRobinson (Post 1234743)
Hello all,

Last time I posted on these forums i got some good comments on various things I need to improve on, so after a few month, here are three tracks to see if I have improved!!

Loading SoundCloud…

Loading SoundCloud…

Loading SoundCloud…

I have used parallel compression on these tracks as I like the sound that it can produce, what do people think of this technique? I like the sound but i also realize that you can get some pumping and other annoying artifacts if you are not careful...

Any other comments as to the productions really very welcome :)

P.S. the first track (the turo remix) is currently entering a competition; any plays, favorites or comments would obviously help it on its way, thankyou!!! :)

Not really my cup of tea but your production skills are definitely there. Keep it up.

JamieRobinson 2013-02-10 18:17

Sorry for the bump, any chance for a few more opinions? Especially on the parrellel compression topic...?

Thanks all :)

Joumb 2013-02-11 10:37

I listened to Sunday Blues....I like that electro-clash-ee snare....but I think it clashes in the mix sometimes (eq-wise) with one of the synth lines which may be of a similar frequency. Overall though I think it sounds pretty good production-wise, and the track itself is up, fun and sizzles :-)

JamieRobinson 2013-02-11 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joumb (Post 1235804)
I listened to Sunday Blues....I like that electro-clash-ee snare....but I think it clashes in the mix sometimes (eq-wise) with one of the synth lines which may be of a similar frequency. Overall though I think it sounds pretty good production-wise, and the track itself is up, fun and sizzles :-)

Ye i agree on the snare behalf, its one of those sounds that I find really difficult to make a space for, thinking of using a multiband EQ on it (an RE has just come out, win!)

Thanks for the comment :)