Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Reconstruction Time Project --> Track 1 - Goodbye Tristesse Feat. Soft Enerji (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176029)

ecopro 2013-02-11 17:41

Reconstruction Time Project --> Track 1 - Goodbye Tristesse Feat. Soft Enerji

Hi guys,

This is a side project I'm working on. A reconstruction of older tracks redone entirely in Reason.

First track:

Song - Goodbye Tristesse
Genre - Electronic/Synthpop
Vocals & Lyrics - Mark Blane (Soft Enerji)
Original Idea - Soft Enerji, electricfusion, GEM
Reconstruction - Ed Castro for GEM Productions
Rack Extensions used : Echobode | Pulsar | Antidote | Saturation Knob |
Neutron | Dyna-Mite

To listen, click on the cover below or the link on my Sig:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5489053/Reco...%20smaller.png

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-11 19:12

Good stuff. I particularly like the oscillating synth line that creeps in occasionally. It reminded me a bit of 'blink' by 'infected mushroom' (one of my favourite tunes).

Stay in touch ecopro.

ecopro 2013-02-11 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamst3rf1sh (Post 1236072)
Good stuff. I particularly like the oscillating synth line that creeps in occasionally. It reminded me a bit of 'blink' by 'infected mushroom' (one of my favourite tunes).

Stay in touch ecopro.

Cool man! I like that track by IM too. Thanks for having a listen and I will stay in touch for damn sure. :)

hamst3rf1sh 2013-02-11 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1236131)
Cool man! I like that track by IM too. Thanks for having a listen and I will stay in touch for damn sure. :)

Glad to hear it dude.

electricfusion 2013-02-11 23:44

Great track bro,sounds very good! :)
Ha,you used Dyna-mite on it...nice one.Do you like the bad butt device?

Peace man...looking forward to the next tune :)

MoD

Joumb 2013-02-12 11:28

Very cool....great Ed production and maybe the clearest Mark vocal I've heard (not that murky is bad :-). Reminds me of early John Fox a little. Great project name too with the 'Reconstruction Time' thang....totally yours and a nice salute to Depeche as well. It's all awesome

ecopro 2013-02-12 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricfusion (Post 1236228)
Great track bro,sounds very good!
Ha,you used Dyna-mite on it...nice one.Do you like the bad butt device?

Peace man...looking forward to the next tune

MoD

Yep! Dyna-mite brought those drums to life, or should I say, brought them a little to death. ;) Well put it this way, the drums were very loud to begin with, but when I would lower them the impact would be gone and man I wasn't happy. There came Dyna-mite to the rescue and drums were tamed for the better. A very good tool to glue together a troublesome mix. Thanks for the heads up on it dude!

BTW ...I did a small fix on that part that bothered you. It should be good now. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joumb (Post 1236397)
Very cool....great Ed production and maybe the clearest Mark vocal I've heard (not that murky is bad :-). Reminds me of early John Fox a little. Great project name too with the 'Reconstruction Time' thang....totally yours and a nice salute to Depeche as well. It's all awesome

Thanks Craig for taking the time to listen and for paying attention to details. :D I did not think of the DM title of one of their albums...wow it's very close. It does show the influence and well it damn fits the project well. Mark's vox was a bit tough to get right on the original mix, but on this new mix, it landed well with a few tweaks here & there. John Fox (the football guy?)....nahh... FOxx from Ultravox & other bands...I know! He does sound like him a bit. :)

Mate 2013-02-12 15:12

Goodbye Tristesse - is very nice & sad song, I like it, Ed!

ecopro 2013-02-12 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate (Post 1236449)
Goodbye Tristesse - is very nice & sad song, I like it, Ed!

Thanks Mate! It's nice to hear you found some sadness in it. After all Tristesse means Sadness.

Mate 2013-02-12 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecopro (Post 1236466)
Thanks Mate! It's nice to hear you found some sadness in it. After all Tristesse means Sadness.

Got listened it two times! Yeah, I've figured, French! :)