Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Radical Organs (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=176030)

Mattplayskeys 2013-02-11 17:50

Radical Organs

I'd really love to see a "Radical Organs" RE.. I've been dying to get my hands on a realistic sounding B3 with a Leslie and to be able to change anything and everything about it like on Radical Piano and Radical Keys. I know there are plenty of refills offering some decent samples, but I'm having a hard time getting the sound I want out of them. especially because a Leslie can be a hard thing to replicate.. Just a thought! I've been really happy with propellerhead as far as other instruments like Pianos, Rhodes, Synths, etc. but not as much with the organs.
If anyone else has some ideas about an Organ RE, Voice them!
Thanks!

-Matthew

vivadangermouse 2013-02-12 02:40

Some nice drawbar emulation wouldn't go amiss :)

-Another Matthew

colcifer 2013-02-12 04:08

Remember, they already had all those samples. Creating the REs took work but they weren't starting from scratch. Also, what would the Radical engine do for organs? Or guitars, strings, saxophones, or triangles?

bananaranha 2013-02-12 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by colcifer (Post 1236298)
Remember, they already had all those samples. Creating the REs took work but they weren't starting from scratch.

No they didn't.

Who told you they reused the same old piano/electric piano stuff they used for their earlier piano reffills?

Quote:

Also, what would the Radical engine do for organs? Or guitars, strings, saxophones, or triangles?

The "radical engine" is just a name. They could use whatever tech inside the plugin.

colcifer 2013-02-12 19:43

So they went out and hyper sampled two grands and an upright... again? Good work ethic.

nickmorgan19457 2013-02-13 04:32

Check out Selig's B3 and Leslie refill. Made entirely out of stock Reason devices and it's damn good.

bananaranha 2013-02-13 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by colcifer (Post 1236640)
So they went out and hyper sampled two grands and an upright... again? Good work ethic.

Why not? It's not like it's that difficult or expensive to do. There are 100s of piano libraries out there, some even ranging in the 80GB range.

So it's very likely that they did hyper sampled again, especially knowning that the Reason Pianos wasn't that great anyway, and they needed some new type of captures (for ambience mixing, hammer pad noise, etc) that they didn't have before.

QVprod 2013-02-13 15:55

Quote:

Remember, they already had all those samples. Creating the REs took work but they weren't starting from scratch. Also, what would the Radical engine do for organs? Or guitars, strings, saxophones, or triangles?

I can say for Organ (B3's at least) being able to have control over the drawbars without having to open up a combinator and assign it is a plus, as well as having access to all of the controls ie; vibrato/chorus type, percussion 2nd and 3rd, tremolo, brake, and chorale (leslie control) , as well as sound shaping options such as key click, and mic positioning. Again without having to open a combinator and assign it. Alot of organists tweak some of these functions (drawbars especially) in real time like a synth so for this a simple preset patch isn't ideal.

As for guitars, strings, saxophones, and even acoustic pianos, those sound alot better as samples imho (Radical piano is a combination of samples and modeling). It would probably be better to have an updated/upgraded sample player that does scripting like uvi or kontakt for programming articulations...etc...